|Job Ref:||204633023||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Greenwich||Address:||Post Code:||SE10||Salary:||£300 - £350/day £300 - £350 per day||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:22|
Quantity Surveyor required to be based in Greenwich, London to work on our clients Highways Maintenance contract providing support to their street lighting programme.|
Paying between £300 - £350 per day, depending on your level of experience
In this role you will carry out the commercial management, administration and provide support to the Service Areas ensuring that the financial targets of the project are achieved.
• Monthly financial reporting in accordance with the Company procedures
- Preparing accurate internal valuations and sub-contract liabilities.
- Preparing accurate turnover and gross margin forecasts.
- Preparation of preliminaries analysis and contract analysis.
• Build confidence in the Service Area's cost control by ensuring that all project status reports are updated monthly for significant changes and by regularly reviewing status reports.
• Control, monitor and improve financial processes by establishing financial objectives and targets.
Supply Chain / Procurement:
• Monitor and review the Supply Chain specific to the Service Areas in conjunction with the Contracts Managers and Purchasing Department.
• Improve site performance and health and safety standards.
• Annual rebates to achieve the targets included with the business plan.
• An ongoing relationship and environment which promotes continuous improvement.
• Ensure the procurement of sub-contractors is in line with the Company procedures and that the packages cover the scope of the works.
• Administer, value and pay for the sub-contract works in accordance with the sub-contract terms and conditions.
• Experience of highways maintenance
• Must have a working knowledge of main forms of Contract including NEC & JCT.
• Working understanding of procurement practices and forms of main and sub-contract.
• Good understanding of Cost / Value process and reporting.
• HNC/HND/Degree in Quantity Surveying desirable
• MRICS &/or MCIOB (or working towards) desirable