|Job Ref:||204632949||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Salary:||£35000 - £37000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:22|
Nicholas Associates Engineering are proud to be recruiting for a Process Control Manager for a market leading, engineering specialist based in Sheffield |
The company specialise in foundry & castings for the nuclear, defence & heavy engineering sectors.
In supporting these Foundry processes the individual requires to hold a strong metallurgical and technical understanding of the traditional casting processes.
The primary function of this position is to ensure technical awareness and quality control within the foundry (primarily front end).The person will be responsible for developing and supervising and pushing through developments in the Foundry Moulding area with a strong emphasis on continuous improvement.
* Creating, reviewing and controlling process procedures for items within the Foundry
* Technical project management of customer orders including liaising with customer both on and off site
* Resolution of customer complaints and product NCR's.
* Ensure QA activities within the Foundry are kept up to date and assist in continually improving the QA systems already in place to drive the company forward.
* Assess & judge capability of planned process to achieve quality outcomes
* Supervision of critical stages within the process, cast supervision (some out of hours working required), this involves working with molten liquid steel.
* To monitor and report on technical issues: weekly/monthly
* Attend relevant departmental/management meetings.
* To provide input into the development of new products and processes.
* Ensuring employees are compliant with working to Health & Safety and Environmental codes.
You will hold a degree in Metallurgy or Materials Science have knowledge & experience of Quality Systems ISO 9001 & ASME NCA3800, report writing skills, knowledge & understanding of health & Safety in the workplace, experience with foundry sand & coating systems & continuous improvement.
The company can offer a competitive salary package negotiable circa £35k - £37k, plus contributory pension & holiday package.
Nicholas Associates Professional is a highly respected industry leading professional recruitment agency specialising exclusively in Executive Search and Selection, Construction, Engineering and Technical, and Finance and Accountancy roles across the UK and internationally. Working with many of the UK's most well-known client brands, we are passionate about matching the best talent to the best roles.
Nicholas Associates Professional is part of Nicholas Associates Group, a market leading partner of choice for talent management solutions, from Apprentice to Boardroom. For us, it's all about enabling people to be their best.
To find out more about us please visit (url removed)