|Job Ref:||204632867||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Gloucestershire||City:||Stonehouse||Address:||Post Code:||ML9||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:21|
Throughout every region in the world, across every area of drilling and production, the NOV family of companies provides the technical expertise, advanced equipment and operational support necessary for success - now and in the future.|
We are a global family of thousands of individuals, working as one team to create lasting impact for ourselves, our customers and the communities where we live and work. We take responsibility for each other and our company's future, knowing that personal ownership leads to broader success.
We believe in purposeful innovation because we see what others do not and we act. Through business innovation, product creation and service delivery, we are driven to power the industry that powers the world better.
As Maintenance & Facilities Manager within our NOV Drilling & Interventions site you will plan (PPM) schedule, supervise, and perform the day-to-day general maintenance and repair of the plant machinery, tools, buildings, grounds, and equipment; ensuring all equipment remains in proper working order and in compliance with standard operating procedures and safety standards. You will focus on using best business practice to improve efficiency, by reducing operating costs while increasing productivity within the plant, forecasting correctly and fulfilling the need for new equipment when required. As Site Maintenance & Facility Manager you will perform regular audits and inspections of the facility in line with HSE requirements and efficiency. You will lead and train your maintenance team bringing team members up to date with current methods and programs in preparation of handling any eventuality and regularly evaluate performance, making recommendations on training and development required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure all company policies surrounding HSE are met
• Fully accountable for achieving all relevant KPIs and metrics
• Promote health and safety plans and support the continuous developing of internal policy
• Assessing legislative requirements applicable to operations and where appropriate implement policies and procedures to ensure effective maintenance programs
• Engage in improvement projects, often requiring reaching out to a variety of support teams, and drive them from conception to completion
• Plan and implement preventative maintenance programs and schedules in conjunction with maintenance staff (PPM)
• Review production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities (smoothing the PM workload)
• Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimise operating costs, and effect greater utilisation of labour and materials
• Maintain a record of all the day-to-day maintenance and service activities undertaken in and around the plant
• Respond to emergency calls for maintenance and facilities related issues and co-ordinate the activities of the emergency response team
• Coordinate with external contractors to perform activities, repairs, and preventive maintenance on building equipment, and building and grounds appearance
• Collaborates with management, engineering, quality control and HSE personnel to resolve maintenance problems and recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment
• Project management and supervising and coordinating work of contractors
• Use performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement
• Liaise closely with other operational teams to ensure continuous improvement of all systems and processes.
• Keep up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Health and Safety legislation and any developments that affect our industry
• Monitor and analyse technical and legal standards
• Advise on the maintenance and upkeep of range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery
• Manage a multi-disciplinary team covering all aspects of maintenance and facilities related work
• Manage the sites apprenticeship program
• Create development and contingency plans for key site equipment
• Develop the sites computerised maintenance management system to support the PM program, the generation of KPI's and Continuous Improvement.
• Carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager
• Travel as and when required
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• An exceptional ability to understand, evaluate and apply technical information
• Has solutions and suggestions that are effective in addressing the problem at hand
• Able to understand the business needs and drivers
• Anticipates the impact of change and rises to the challenge, with the ability to accept risk and uncertainty
• Able to apportion time effectively to complete tasks
• Be willing to provide colleagues with the information they need to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks
• Able to define, work within and improve business processes whilst exercising good judgement based on immediate and future business needs.
• Learns each direct report's career goals and watches for development opportunities to explore
• Establishes a good work plan and distributes the workload appropriately
• Accurately determines the length and difficulty of tasks and projects
• Can be counted on to take personal responsibility in challenging situations and be willing to engage in disputes in order to settle them equitably
• Can identify the skills required by the business and hire effectively
• Will be energised by challenges and drawn towards opportunities
• Adept at dealing with a large organisation in order to successfully promote an agenda or strategy
• Confident and professional when representing the company in person and in writing
Personal and Interpersonal
• Imbued with a strong sense of customer focus (internal/external)
• Firm and diplomatic when negotiating
• Promotes a win-win ethos and inclusive team culture in line with business strategy
• Is known to consistently adhere to ethical principles and expects others to follow suit
• A candid team player who collaborates with peers to solve problems
• Creates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose and clearly communicates it to the organisation
HND/HNC Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
Degree in Engineering or equivalent
NEBOSH General certificate or NVQ level 3 in Health and Safety
Working knowledge of a manufacturing, maintenance or facilities management environment.
Experience in a maintenance management or supervisory position
Working knowledge of Maintenance policies, strategy and programming.
Demonstrable experience in risk assessment and Contractor Management
Working knowledge of experience running PPM across a wide cross section of assets - including CNC & Manually operated machines.
Skills, training or special knowledge
Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook)
Knowledge and experience in the operation, implementation and management of Health, Safety and Environmental management systems.
Knowledge and experience running PPM & TPM.
Knowledge managing buildings and grounds maintenance & security.
Knowledge of equipment related HSE requirements - including PUWER, LOLER, Working at height regulations and relevant codes of practice relevant to maintenance and facilities activities
Experience in working within HSEQ management system 9001, 18001, 14001