|Job Ref:||204632806||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Colchester||Address:||Post Code:||CO2||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:21|
Office-based in Colchester, Essex, you will work closely with our clients electronics, board layout and other mechanical and thermal engineers at all the different stages of board development, for both rugged and more benign environments. Our clients design team operates in a small company environment which means that most design are completed by an individual engineer. As a result, each engineer rapidly becomes involved with all aspects of the product design and development. Short design timescales are an important part of our development strategy, which also results in our engineers being involved in many different product designs quite quickly.
Essential Skills / Experience:
* You must be educated to degree level with industry experience of designing small or precision components, ideally for electronic product packaging or similar environments.
* You need to demonstrate an ability to design cost-effective, compact components which can be readily and repeatedly manufactured.
* You must be independent and a self-starter, able to plan and carry out your work with little supervision and with the ability to deliver effective results in short timescales.
* Familiarity with SolidWorks is essential.
Desirable, but not Essential, Skills / Experience:
* An appreciation of change control procedures, e.g. ECO/ECN systems.
* A good understanding of tolerances and their effects in real-world production.
* Some awareness of thermal management techniques, especially in electronic product design.
* Previous involvement in environmental testing, e.g. shock, vibration or thermal tests.
* A background in product development for airborne or ground vehicle equipment.
* Very competitive salary.
* Optional stakeholder pension scheme (with a generous company contribution).
* Life assurance.
* Private health insurance.
* Relocation allowance where appropriate.
The closing date for this position will be on the 27th October 2016
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer