|Job Ref:||204632685||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Buckinghamshire||Address:||Post Code:||HP7||Salary:||£35000 - £38000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:21|
Purpose of role |
Full responsibility for process conception through to volume production, you will also be actively involved in process changes to existing assembly areas.
Main duties and responsibilities of the Process / Manufacturing Engineer:
* Resolution of technical issues relating to your area of responsibility.
* To develop / improve manufacturing processes & quality control measures.
* To proactively manage continuous improvement of the plant and process to ensure cost, quality and output targets are achieved.
* Actively support and/or run continuous improvement activities in the manufacturing area.
* To manage changes through the recognised change process to support business unit KPI's.
* To work with suppliers to improve process and ensure that their activities comply with SMT's requirements.
* Review and maintain MRP/ERP data.
* To ensure safe working practices are in place, documented and adhered to utilising PFMEA's, documentation, training, risk assessments and auditing of personnel.
* Introduce new products / processes into production through in-depth involvement with PLM to ensure they are robust and repeatable.
* Maintain and strive to improve housekeeping standards through the use of the 5S approach
* Seek out opportunities for cost reduction and champion the implementation of such measures.
Responsible for the implementation of TPM and OEE to improve efficiency and productivity.
* Training of process / manufacturing employees in new equipment and new processes
* Degree in Engineering or HNC/HND.
* Experience of Process / Production engineering in a manufacturing environment.
* Ability to understand and deploy process control techniques.
* T.M.S or M.T.M work measurement.
* Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Project.
* Be aware or familiar with modern process / manufacturing philosophies.
* Ability to manage projects in a manufacturing environment.
* Able to perform research and/or process development and/or product development in a manufacturing environment.
* Ability to conduct supplier development and support and conduct supplier audits.
* Able to effectively manage workload and prioritise workload.
* Able to create and manage process development and other project plans.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Able to work inclusively in a team environment.
* Demonstrable problem solving skills.
* Meticulous, with excellent attention to detail.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an organisation that are dominating their market place, with huge expansion plans, fantastic training and enviable retention of staff.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £35,000 - £38,000 (dependent on experience) and an industry leading benefits package.
To apply for the position of Process / Manufacturing Engineer, please send your CV to Gabrielle Beaver via the 'apply now' button.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position