|Job Ref:||204632679||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Code:||DE1||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:21|
Machinist / CNC / Miller / Turner / Grinder / Borer|
Our client, a global leading Aerospace company, requires a CNC Machinist to join their site in Derby on an initial 12 month contract basis.
The Rotatives area of the business are currently recruiting for a Machinist in Derby. The purpose of these roles is to perform a full range of machine shop work up to the skilled trade level, machining new or replacement parts. Operates common machine tools, such as the lathe, boring mill, miller, drill press, grinders etc. reads complicated drawings and manufacturing instructions, understands use of coolants and lubricants. Understands criticality of process control in manufacture. Working closely with manufacturing engineering on design and manufacturability issues your key accountabilities will be to -
* Mount working devices, parts, and cutting tools correctly according to instructions
* Machine components to required specifications and Quality standard's
* Check finished components meet quality standards
* Maintain equipment and ensure all tools are in calibration
* Work in an integrated team to achieve the cells targets
* Contributes to the continuous improvement of the process/cell ensuring optimum performance
* Sets up and operates conventional and CNC plant and equipment according to job provided
* Completes the relevant documentation (quality, operation data sheets, maintenance, reports, etc.)
Candidates will ideally demonstrate a mix of skills including milling, turning, grinding, boring etc.
It is essential that you have an apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3 or Equivalent
Alexander Mann Solutions, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business