|Job Ref:||204632407||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Havant||Address:||Post Code:||PO9||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:21|
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Systems Engineer (Hardware).|
Based in Havant, the successful candidate will design and produce automated Test Procedure Sets (TPS) that meet various equipment needs, including electro-mechanical, radio frequency and electrical interfaces, across a range of potential platforms; together with the necessary accreditation, certification and formal customer acceptance.
Responsibilities will include performing technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Education & Experience:
• Proven experience in complex system design, development and performance analysis, particularly in the defence or aerospace domain.
• Proven experience of ATE TPS technical development and including TPS development fast-track techniques, TPS fault diagnosis, TPS development lessons learnt experience, and experience of effective solutions in electrical, mechanical and software integration.
• Proven Experience of clearly articulating system requirements, and associated electrical and mechanical solutions.
• Familiarisation with C++, National Instruments LabWindows/CVI and TestStand applications.
• Systems, electrical, mechanical, hardware or software engineering background or experience sufficient to provide expert assessment of design, the creation and review technical interfaces, test requirement creation, workload planning, acceptance procedures and results, diagnose and resolve complex problems.
• Experience of Telelogic Doors.
The Systems Engineer will exhibit the following attributes:
• Enthusiastic self-starter with good communication skills, able to work effectively in small development teams.
• Be able to work on the task associated with the overall function without placing an excessive burden on the practitioner or expert.
• Ability to maintain a balance between attention to detail and gaining an overall understanding of assigned requirements, functions and design within the wider programme.
• Ability to create clear and effective reports suitable for customer acceptance, including problem identification and diagnosis.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
Candidates should ensure they are eligible to apply for SC clearance prior to applying for this position.
To be considered for this position please apply below