|Job Ref:||204632229||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Burton-On-Trent||Address:||Post Code:||DE14||Salary:||£15.54 - £19.73/hour||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:56|
Job title: Maintenance Assistant |
Job location: Central Rivers, Burton-On-Trent
Hourly pay rate: £15.54 PAYE and £19.73 LTD
Shifts: Days, Nights and Weekends (Must be flexible)
Hours per week: 40 hours average
Duration: Temp - Perm (6 months)
Start date: October 2016
Industries considered: Automotive, Rolling Stock, Aerospace.
Disciplines considered: Mechanically biased, HGV Technician, Ex Forces Mechanical Technician - Tanks/Excavator, Heavy Plant Technician - JCB/HGV/TRAINS
My client based in Burton requires a Maintenance Assistant. The role is within the Rail Industry so will require candidates from a similar background.
Working under his/her own initiative, to carry out routine maintenance, repair and basic fault finding work on the EMU Class 220/221 Fleets.
Job Profile - Safety Critical / Safety Related:
* Routine rail vehicle maintenance as per laid down Vehicle Maintenance Instruction (VMI)
* Assist Technicians as required.
* Where trained and competent Tyre Turn 220/221 vehicles on the Wheel Lathe in accordance with laid down specifications.
* Operation of powered plant, lifting and mechanical handling equipment.
* Where trained and competent move Class 220/221 vehicles around the site.
* Operation of Battery Charging/Shore Supply equipment.
* Maintenance of plant.
* Drive road vehicles as required.
* Compliance with all laid down H&S legislation and depot procedures to ensure a safe accident free environment. Responsible for keeping the work area clean and tidy and to the highest standard at all times.
* Required to continually look at opportunities to adopt and develop continuous improvement techniques
Knowledge and experience -
* Detailed understanding of Class 22x vehicles. Competent to undertake Safety Critical Work.
* Where appropriate - Trained & Competent to Drive Class 220/221 vehicles.
* Where appropriate - Trained & Competent to Operate the Wheel Lathe
* Personal Track Safety (PTS)
* Designated Person (where appropriate)
Education level -
* NVQ Level 3 or equivalent is a must.
Phone: (Apply online only)
PLEASE NOTE ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A DRUGS AND ALCOHOL TEST BEFORE BEING OFFERED A POSITION.
Please note due to the volume of applications, we can only commit to contact those candidates we deem suitable for the position. However, we may retain your details and contact you in the future should suitable positions arise.
Please note the above job specification could be subject to change as agreed with our client