|Job Ref:||204632192||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||West Midlands||Address:||Post Code:||WV14||Salary:||£35000 - £41000/annum Negotiable DOE + Car + Bonus||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:21|
Cordant Recruitment are recruiting for an experienced Sales & Product Manager to work for a leading Engineering Supplies Distributor supplying cutting tools & an array of other products ranges across the Midlands / UK. |
You will work in a unique role crossing over from Product Management into Sales and Marketing to key accounts across the business mix, maximising on all opportunity to increase margin. (this is a dual role, more than your average Product Management role, customer facing).
The position is responsible for the overall direction, co-ordination and control of all actions in the product management team. You will manage suppliers within the commodity groups.
The role will be based from offices within the Wednesbury area (situated between Birmingham, Walsall & Wolverhampton) and will involve some travel to local branches & key clients around the Midlands area, to promote and advise on product ranges that are available.
In addition to a healthy basic salary, this role comes with a company car & an additional annual bonus of 10% - 15% of your basic salary (Target driven).
Our clients product range includes:
* Cutting Tools
* Tool & Work holding
* Oils & Lubrication
* Storage & Material Handling
* Machine Tools
* PPE & Safety
* Hand Tools
* Power & Air Tools
* Precision & Measuring
* Welding, Brazing & Soldering
* Adhesives & Sealants
* Tapes & Packaging
* Stationery & Office Supplies
* Fasteners & Fixings
* Bearings & Transmissions
* Fluid Power
* Garage & workshop
Supplying; Engineering, Oil & Gas, Aerospace, Automotive & Marine sectors
Do you have experience in one or more of the above industry sectors / product ranges ? If so this could be the role you have been looking for..........................
Duties will include:
* Price Management - negotiation of prices within commodity groups, supplier negotiation, communicate information to branch network and related tasks
* Reviewing of top 200 & 400 suppliers and decide on actions such as: Margin improvements, new suppliers, supplier improvements
* The setup of non preferred supplier agreements
* Trade agreements - maximising all opportunities and communication out changes
* Supplier Evaluations - evaluate performance and agreements
* Training Opportunities - establish and arrange supplier training
* Stock Cleansing - co-ordination of annual stock cleanse of unsold goods in line with trade agreements and returns policies
* Phasing in and out of products to the range
* Stock management - ensuring a constant supply to customers
Catalogue & Marketing:
* Part production of catalogue for their product range
* Supplier ideas & Opportunities to the business
* Marketing plan - to maximise all opportunities
Person Profile / Knowledge & experience:
* Technical and product excellence within required commodity group
* Knowledge and experience of supplier liaison
* Negotiation skills
* Maximising on sales and trade opportunities
* Compliance with H&S procedures and processes
* Ability to maximise on product & supplier information
This really is more than an average Product Manager position, this will not just be producing catalogues and web contact.
The role will be much more sales and client facing focused bringing a new stance on an average Product Management position.
The company are market leaders in their field and future opportunities to develop are extensive.
PMP Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy