|Job Ref:||204635013||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:22|
Our client is currently seeking to recruit an experienced Principal Civil Engineer to join their busy Civils team on a permanent basis in their Glasgow office.|
Their civils team is currently working on major development and infrastructure schemes in all sectors and markets, including roads and highways, renewable energy, commercial / industrial, residential, education and tourism.
Key responsibilities / duties include:
* Project co-ordination of Major Infrastructure Schemes
* Financial budget control
* Management of Graduates and Technicians
* Design of effective, economic and sustainable infrastructure solutions
* Preparation of technical reports, tender documents and specifications for public and private sector developments.
* Preparation and checking of detailed design drawings and supporting documentation.
Capabilities and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will be a positive and enthusiastic team player, with extensive experience of working in an Infrastructure Engineering role. They should possess a HND/HNC or equivalent in Civil Engineering. A BEng/MEng degree in Civil Engineering and Chartered Engineer status is desirable but not essential.
The ideal candidate must:
* Have extensive experience of road and highway design standards including the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, Designing Streets and other relevant British and European standards.
* Have extensive experience in the design of adopted drainage.
* Have experience in chairing client and consultation project meetings,
* Consultation, negotiations and meetings with Third Party Authorities.
* Have experience of construction contract and specification preparation.
* Ability to effectively manage resources.
* Have excellent communication and written skills with the ability to both compile and check reports.
* Competent in the use of Microsoft Office programmes.
* Competent in the use of design software such as Civil 3D or MXROAD, Microdrainage and AutoCAD
The client offers a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance