|Job Ref:||204635005||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Ashford||Address:||Post Code:||TW15||Salary:||£35000 - £39000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:56|
Our prestigious client are currently looking to recruit an experienced Principal Geotechnical/Geo-environmental Engineer in their Ashford office. |
There is the potential to develop your career as a senior member of the overall national geotechnical group within the company and to build upon the existing local presence and expand the team and workload.
Key responsibilities / Duties will include:
* Technical review of Phase 1 desk study and Phase 2 Site investigations and Environmental statements
* Interpretative reporting of geotechnical and geo-environmental site investigation
* Project Management
* Preparation of tender documents for Phase 2 investigations and remedial works
* Preparation of earthworks specifications and tender documents for geotechnical and contaminated land remediation works
Preparation of technical and financial proposals for the above works
Capabilities and Qualifications:
The successful individual will hold a BSc and MSc in a relevant discipline and have a strong Geotechnical and Geo-environmental experience. A full UK driving license is required.
* In addition the candidate must have:
* A strong understanding of geotechnical principles and soil structure interaction
* Practical experience of delivery of infrastructure or contaminated land remediation schemes
* Proven track record of business development
* Proven experience of running a small team
* Be an enthusiastic team player and have the ability to work within multidisciplinary teams
* Be computer literate in settlement and slope stability analysis software as well as MS Office suite including Word and Excel
* The ability to liaise with a broad range of stakeholders is essential and the candidate should ideally be Chartered.
The client offers a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance