|Job Ref:||204635003||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Plymouth||Address:||Post Code:||PL3||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:22|
Throughout every region in the world, across every area of drilling and production, the NOV family of companies provides the technical expertise, advanced equipment and operational support necessary for success - now and in the future.|
We are a global family of thousands of individuals, working as one team to create lasting impact for ourselves, our customers and the communities where we live and work. We take responsibility for each other and our company's future, knowing that personal ownership leads to broader success.
We believe in purposeful innovation because we see what others do not and we act. Through business innovation, product creation and service delivery, we are driven to power the industry that powers the world better.
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the Project Manager will play a critical role in the delivery of advanced composites structures and/or pipe systems, typically to oil & gas, offshore & marine applications. Working closely with Proposals, Engineering, Design, Purchasing and the Fabrication Shops the Project Manager will be able to employ both commercial and technical knowledge to provide NOV's clients with technically compliant and professional solutions, both on time and under budget. The candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of the project delivery phase from Kick Of Meeting to Factory Acceptance Test and Delivery - this will include cost control, fabrication, assembly & test, documentation submissions, identify variation to work scope, etc. The Project Manager will represent the company both to internal and external clients as a focal point for budget, schedule and quality matters on multiple projects. You will be keen to take on challenges, develop your leadership potential as well as expand your knowledge and experience through a variety of exciting projects.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Read, understand & implement conditions of the Purchase Order.
• Facilitate the execution of the project scope, goals and deliverables as defined in the Purchase Order.
• Develop & maintain project production schedule.
• Allocate, communicate & control project budgets, with emphasis on growing the project margin.
• Report project progress on a weekly basis to both management and end client, providing appropriate information such as cost reports, variation control or shop fabrication progress
• Compile & submit documentation on time, as required by client.
• Attend client meetings & communicate actions to others for the successful completion of the project, ensuring customer care is at the foremost position, while growing the project margin.
• Ensure timely submission of stage payment invoices (milestone) & provide supporting documentation.
• Support & assist Project Engineers as necessary.
• Hold project close out meetings & implement noted actions.
• Ensure all engineering deliverables are in accordance with client requirements.
• Ensure all engineering deliverables are in accordance with the project schedule and assist in the expediting or mitigation actions.
• Ensure timely and thorough review of client specifications and communication of findings.
• Chair internal design review meetings.
• Be fully aware of personal workload in order to plan, organize and prioritize workload to ensure all deadlines are achieved.
• Preparation and checking of Technical Requisitions for any 3rd party design review or verification (ABS, DNV, etc.).
• Reviewing and recommending Subcontract/Sub-vendor quotes.
• Review and respond to client comments to mechanical documents.
• Reporting any design changes which may have a cost or schedule impact to the relevant Project Team, Mechanical Engineering Manager & Operation Manager.
• Investigate, resolve and document Engineering Queries in a timely and technically acceptable fashion.
• Provide HSE leadership ensuring personal/team compliance with legislation, Company policies, and when visiting customer locations.
• Support other departments and carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by Operations Manager
• Travel required as dictated by project needs.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Able to understand, evaluate and apply technical information
• Anticipates the impact of change and rises to the challenge, with the ability to accept risk and uncertainty
• Delivers solutions and decisions that are effective and constructively impact both NOV and our customer's organisation
• Able to understand the business needs and drivers
• Adept at exercising good judgement (sometimes with incomplete information) whilst being constrained by tight deadlines
• Be willing to provide colleagues with the information they need to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks
• Be quick to identify critical information and respond appropriately
• Able to apportion time effectively to complete tasks
• Able to define, work within and improve business processes based on immediate and future business needs
• Can be counted on to take personal responsibility in challenging situations and be willing to engage in disputes in order to settle them equitably
• Will be energised by challenges and drawn towards opportunities
• Confident and professional when representing the company in person and in writing
• Aspiring and keen to advance within the organisation
Personal and Interpersonal
• A strong sense of customer focus (internal/external)
• A candid team player who collaborates with peers to solve problems
• Committed to self-improvement and development through the role in order to achieve career goals
• Is known to consistently adhere to ethical principles and expects others to follow suit
• Firm and diplomatic when negotiating
• Time served or HND Engineering
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering
• APMP qualified
• H&S qualification
• Working knowledge within an engineering project management environment
Skills, training or special knowledge
• Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Lean projects delivery & commercial control
• Understanding of lamination and resin infusion
• Ability to interpret engineering fabrication drawings