|Job Ref:||204634920||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Northampton||Address:||Post Code:||NN1||Salary:||£27000 - £36000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:22|
Our client are currently looking to recruit a Civil Engineer to join their established Civil Engineering Design team based in our Northampton office.|
The role will be to provide a pro-active supporting function to the existing senior level engineering staff. The successful candidate will be able to take responsibility for the management of the design process for a range of infrastructure for public and private sector development schemes and you will have the opportunity run your own projects.
The role sits between the senior staff and the technician and CAD operator positions and so the successful candidate will be expected to delegate to and manage the activities and outputs of the more junior team members.
Key responsibilities / Duties will include:
* To support the production of Drainage/Highway designs and provision for all types and scales of development projects
* Delegate and manage the CAD and technician resource in the delivery of outputs to agreed deadlines
* Liaise with the client and design teams on active projects and to manage and procure deliverables on time
* To deliver projects within budget constraints
* Prepare and manage technical reports
Capabilities and Qualifications:
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 - 4 years' experience and will be provided with support for development within multi-disciplines.
The candidate will require:
* A degree in Civil Engineering or an equivalent qualification
* Experience of Section 38, 278 and 104
* Have experience of highway design and specification
* Have experience in detailed drainage and attenuation design
* Experience of the delegation and management of technician and CAD resources
* Have excellent communication and written skills with the ability to both compile and check reports
* Competent in the use of Microsoft Office programmes
The ability to liaise with a broad range of stakeholders is essential. Exceptional attention to detail and strong presentation skills are also required.
We offer a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance