|Job Ref:||204634849||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Reading||Address:||Post Code:||RG2||Salary:||£42000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:56|
Our prestigious client are currently seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Utilities Engineer to support their Civil and Infrastructure teams in their head office based in Reading.|
You will have the opportunity to work on a range of projects including land development, strategic infrastructure projects and generation schemes.
Key responsibilities / duties include:
* Providing technical support for master planning, environmental impact assessment, design, procurement and final delivery of land development schemes.
* Interface with other specialist engineering groups within the Practice as well as with clients
* Utility investigations including desktop and intrusive.
* Production of utility demand loadings and procuring new supply quotations.
* Preparation of utility supply and diversion strategy reports.
* Procuring major service diversions including negotiation of Wayleaves/easements and contestable items.
* Design of effective, economic and sustainable infrastructure solutions.
* Preparation of recommendation reports for new connections, comparing DNO, iDNO and iCP proposals from sourced undertaker quotations.
* QA checks of design drawings and information.
* Financial budget control.
* Execute fee earning work with limited supervision.
* Take a lead on the delivery of work packages for projects to required deadlines.
* Attend client meetings and utility company meetings and produce accurate meeting notes and relay the key actions.
Capabilities and Qualifications
The ideal Candidate will be a positive and enthusiastic team player, who has a degree / higher level qualification in Civil or Mechanical & Electrical Engineering with 3-4 years or more experience of working in engineering within the construction or utilities industry.
A candidate with HNC/HND will also be considered for this position with the necessary work experience.
In addition the successful candidate must have/be:
* An understanding of infrastructure networks and utility services design and pricing.
* A working knowledge of civil engineering and utility provision procedures.
* Have the ability to negotiate with utility and service providers with regard to diversionary work and new supplies.
* An understanding of the various infrastructure procurement strategies available for developments.
* Experience of construction contract and specification preparation.
* On site experience of diversionary or new connections works would be beneficial.
* The ability to effectively manage resources.
* Excellent communication and written skills with the ability to both compile and check reports.
* Experience and understanding of AutoCAD.
* An excellent communicator and confident to attend meetings and advise clients and technical team members as appropriate
* Ideally have experience of ESCo/MUSCo opportunities.
* An appreciation of sustainability issues and renewable/energy efficiencies is desirable.
We offer a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance