|Job Ref:||204631659||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Hampshire||Address:||Post Code:||GU12||Salary:||£NEG Competitive||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:21|
My client is looking for an experienced Highway and Drainage Engineer for a long term contract role
Scope of role
- To assist with the collection, assessment and impartment of information that is essential to the successful scheme preparation and implementation process to include liaison with outside bodies and contractors.
- To prepare or assist in the preparation of technical design and contract documents, to ensure the implementation of highway projects and improvements within published programmes and budgets.
- To prepare or assist in the preparation of estimates for the purpose of budget assessment and monitoring.
- To liaise with relevant bodies (i.e. contractors, public utilities and the like) for liaison of highway project design and programming, as required.
- To represent the Employer at public meeting, carry out consultations and advise as necessary.
- To work with due regard to Health and Safety for themselves and other at all times.
1) Production of accurate quotes and project plans for undertaking tasks;
2) Working, up-to-date knowledge of the current Building Regulations and processes for approval therein;
3) Detailed working knowledge of production of Flood Risk Assessments (FRAs) to current planning guidance;
4) Detailed knowledge and experience of working with NBS specification to produce design and contract documentation;
5) Detailed knowledge and experience of drainage design including SUDS features, pumping stations, sewage treatment works, and ideally including the design of roof drainage;
6) Working experience of applying for utility company capacity checks and subsequent approvals;
7) Working knowledge of production of estimates for works;
8) The candidate should have very good communication and organisational skills and be able to deal with Clients in a professional manner;
9) Ability to utilise current design software including but not limited to MS Office Packages plus AutoCAD 2014, Autodesk Civils 3D, PDS, WinDES/ Microdrainage, GIS, and MS Project.
Necessary role related knowledge, skills and experience
- Qualifications - relevant construction related Degree/Chartered Engineer status/significant experience
- Computer skills with experience of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Outlook and CAD software
- Significant construction design office experience
- Communication skills able to converse with engineering professionals and the like.
Working conditions - environment, and physical effort or strain
- Mainly office environment - some physical effort or strain
- Occasional visits to live highways and construction sites
- Aggressive feedback from general public
- Current full UK
Workload will be within the Water Management sector to assist with the delivery of drainage design and flood alleviation solutions, that meet the latest standards and planning requirements for schemes in the £100k to £10m range. Outputs for schemes encompass all stages from outline feasibility, feasibility, main design and implementation. The engineer will either be Chartered or at the very least IEng.
Essential skills we need are in the areas of drainage infrastructure design - planning, feasibility, design, procurement and construction - including Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS). The Engineer will need a good working knowledge of MicroDrainage WinDes . Finally the engineer will need to be a good communicator
Desirable skills we need are in the areas of DMRB highways design, NEC contract document preparation. It is desirable the Engineer has a good working knowledge of the processes to assessing the risk and impact of flooding is able to provide advise on surface water and groundwater management, mitigation measures and the development of flood alleviation schemes. Engineers with experience of working with local authorities, the Environment Agency and other stakeholders will add value.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK