|Job Ref:||204631637||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Salary:||£36000/annum Pension||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:21|
Our large, unique worldwide, heavy engineering and manufacturing company are looking to recruit a PROCESS CONTROL MANAGER to ensure Technical awareness and Quality control. They specialise in large scale steel cast and forged products for industry sectors such as defense, power generation, nuclear, offshore oil and gas. Knowledge of metal processing routes including Methoding, Moulding, Casting and Heat Treatment is essential. Excellent holidays, sickness, pension benefits available.|
Duties of the role will include:-
* Supervision of the Sand lab, ensuring that the technical and quality requirements within the Moulding area are maintained.
* Creating, reviewing and controlling process procedures for items within the Foundry
* Technical project management of customer orders including liaising with customer both on and off site
* Resolution of customer complaints and product NCR's.
* Ensure QA activities within the Foundry are kept up to date and assist in continually improving the QA systems already in place to drive the company forward.
* Assess & judge capability of planned process to achieve quality outcomes
* Supervision of critical stages within the process, cast supervision (some out of hours working required), this involves working with molten liquid steel.
* To monitor and report on technical issues: weekly/monthly
* Attend relevant departmental/management meetings (Technical, Production & Quality).
* To provide input into the development of new products and processes.
* Ensuring employees are compliant with working to Health & Safety and Environmental codes.
* Any other duties commensurate with this role
To be considered for the position it is ESSENTIAL that candidates have the following attributes:-
* Higher qualification (ideally degree qualified) in Metallurgy/Materials Science or a related Engineering subject
* Knowledge of metal processing routes including Methoding, Moulding, Casting and Heat Treatment
* Understanding of Quality systems - ISO 9001
* Excellent report writing, communication and interpersonal skills
* Good understanding and knowledge of Health and Safety in the workplace
* Experience of foundry sand and coating systems
* Self-motivated and flexible
* Willingness to travel
It is DESIRABLE that candidates have:-
* Formal continuous improvement training
* Understanding of Quality systems - ASME NCA3800
* Experience within a heavy engineering environment
If you have the necessary skills and experience, click APPLY NOW, or if you would like further information, please call Louise Broadley on (Apply online only).
Profile of Kinetic Skilled & Trades:
Established since 1983, Kinetic Skilled & Trades recruits temporary & contract Blue Collar Engineers for a variety of specialist sectors, such as:
* Aerospace & Automotive
* Chemical & Pharmaceutical
* Energy & Utilities
* Electronics & Technology
* Food & Drink
* Heavy Industry
* Logistics & Distribution
* Specialist Engineering
In meeting candidates' requirements, our highly competent Consultants are committed to implementing structured and transparent recruitment methodologies that meet REC (Recruitment and Employment Confederation) and ISO 9001 accreditations. Due to our strong relationship with leading companies and intricate knowledge of niche sectors, we always require skilled and experienced Engineers for a diverse range of vacancies in various environments, including:
* Machine Shop
To discuss our current vacancies & find out more about how Kinetic Skilled & Trades can meet your bespoke requirements, please contact us at your convenience: (Apply online only)