|Job Ref:||204631523||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Peterborough||Address:||Post Code:||PE1||Salary:||£36600 - £45800/annum + Benefits||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:21|
Design Engineer - (Job Number: 160005Z1)|
As a Design Engineer, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the concept, development, and design of complex components, subsystems, or processes while improving your analytical skills and understanding of engineering concepts. You will contribute to the delivery of projects, continually learn and stay abreast of innovative technology and broaden your professional network.
The team is responsible for the design and development of engine systems, sub-systems and components including but not restricted to, Crankshafts, Connecting Rods, Bearings, Timing Gears and Gear driven Auxiliaries, Pistons & Rings. The team has responsibility for these across engine platforms that are produced in multiple geographic locations.
The successful candidate will have experience of engine component design and will be tasked with both design and validation responsibilities. It is anticipated that the right individual will be able complete packages of design work and development activities related to those designs.
A high level of analytical understanding is desirable with a view to driving "right first time" designs through the application of rigorous DFMEA's and DVP&R definition.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Design and promote new components and sub processes
* Perform needs analysis and initiate ideas
* Evaluate new products, processes, or systems
* Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units
* Perform product maintenance
Salary: £36,600 to £45,800 (Depending on Experience)
Benefits: Annual bonus 10%, 25 Days Annual Leave, Contributory Pension Scheme (Company matching up to 10%), Company Share Purchase Scheme (Company Contribution 50%), Flexible Working (Time and Location will be considered)
Sponsorship will not be supported.
* Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum
Relevant work experience is required in the following key areas:
* Design and development of Internal Combustion Engine related systems, sub-systems and components.
* 3D solid modelling and design within Creo or an equivalent design software package.
* Capability to apply GD&T ASME Y14.52009.
* Use of Teamcentre for drawing release and data management.
* Ability to develop cost effective solutions and liase with suppliers.
* Capability to contribute to DFMEA's and DVP&R's to an effective standard.
* Effective analytical skills and problem solving ability (8D).
* Emphasis on initiative and self-starting tasks.
* Master degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum.
In addition a significant understanding of:
* CAE capabilities to define and interrogate system and component analysis.
* Engine dynamics and forcing.
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. If you have any questions on this Design Engineer position, please contact or call (Apply online only)
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency