|Job Ref:||204631474||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Slough||Address:||Post Code:||SL1||Salary:||£35 - £45/hour||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:21|
Overhead Line Design Engineer |
My client is one of the largest and most diverse Energy companies in the UK and Ireland with around 9 million customers and over 19,000 staff. They have been successful in winning a number of key projects within the UK. As the demand to deliver exceptional engineering design from our clients continue to grow, an opportunity has arisen for an OHL Design Engineer to be based in their Slough office.
As Overhead Line Design Engineer
- Overall OHL design with PLS-CADD in accordance with BS-EN 50341.
- Design and analysis of OHL Foundations.
- Accept ownership of work to be done (i.e. being required to undertake specific actions within an agreed job boundary, the execution of a delegated task, activity or process).
- Assist in the tendering process.
- Production of wind load cases in accordance with BS-EN 50341 and BS 6399
Candidates for the position of Overhead Line Design Engineer should have the following experience and qualifications:
- BEng/Bsc in Civil/Structural Engineering with minimum 5 years` experience in OHL design.
- Experience in either CAD packages such, AutoCAD, BoCAD, etc.
- Have a good understanding of British and European Standards and technical specifications from utility providers.
- Must be competent at creating and laying out quality drawings that construction and fabricators can understand.
This is a contract position with an initial duration of 12 months with the possibility of an extension.
For more information contact Leonie Kerr at Rullion Engineering on (Apply online only) or send an up to date cv .
Applications close on Thursday, 22nd September 2016