|Job Ref:||204630936||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:19|
We have a requirement for a permanent senior design engineer to join our team. The senior design engineer will work alongside the Engineering Director within the engineering team to lead the design and development of new technology products from initial concept phases to full product development and into manufacture. You will be required to manage and mentor the direct project team and other engineers within the department when required|
Key Duties & Responsibilities
* Take responsibility for the design and development of key products, managing delivery deadlines and interfacing with other company members.
* Own the project and ensure that all required elements are delivered on time communicating with senior and junior team as required to achieve this.
* Create and supervise the creation of detailed CAD models and engineering drawings and data.
* Manage relationships with internal and external suppliers to ensure the delivery of parts required for the delivery of on time completion of prototypes and rigs.
* Take responsibility for the safe construction, commissioning and use of rigs and prototypes based on their own designs to validate new concepts and appropriately document engineering calculations and empirical findings.
* Define and participate in the physical testing and validation of rigs and machines alongside members of the science team to expand the knowledge of the team and help move designs forward.
* Travel to customer and manufacturing partner sites to participate in the development and evolution of our products.
Experience and Qualifications
* A minimum of 10 year's (preferred, however less experience will also be considered) experience designing and engineering electro-mechanical products of significant capital value in related business sectors.
* Preference will be given to strong candidates from a textiles processing machines background
* Degree level or equivalent qualified in a design or engineering discipline.
* Proven ability to deliver project management and on time delivery
* Skilled in engineering problem solving, conceptual design and design for manufacture.
* Significant CAD skills, ideally SolidWorks.
* Strong working knowledge in engineering drafting to BS 8888 and product safety standards to ensure optimum quality and robustness from early stage test rigs to production designs.
* Must be comfortable working with electro-mechanical products; a good working knowledge of fluids/ pumps /motors is desirable.
* Capable of working at a prototype level and moving designs through to manufacture.
To apply for the senior design engineer vacancy please email your updated CV to Amo Rai (Automation Recruitment Specialist at Jonathan Lee Recruitment) at Short listing for this vacancy will commence from Monday 3rd October 2016.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency