|Job Ref:||204630686||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Kent||City:||Kent||Address:||Post Code:||TN23||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum Be||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:20|
Senior Structural Engineer|
£50k - £60k + Benefits
* A rapidly expanding and highly successful multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Kent.
* Established for over 35 years and have a varied client and project base from all sectors of the construction industry including education, housing, leisure, commercial and transport.
* We are currently seeking an experienced Structural Design Engineer to join our existing team based at our Head offices in Sidcup.
Senior Structural Engineer duties:
* To undertake Structural Surveys of primarily Housing and Government Buildings you will be required to visit various sites across London and the surrounding counties to observe defects.
* You will be required to prepare reports identifying defects, probable cause of the defect and the correct remediation works required.
* Another duty will be to arrange opening up works, geotechnical investigations, CCTV Surveys and Materials Testing as required in order to conclude advice.
To carry out Structural Design of small works that may include:
* Internal Structural alterations
* Appraisal of existing structures
* Site inspections during the works to ensure compliance with specification.
A successful career in structural engineering with a design consultancy with particular expertise of building structures, both design of new build and refurbishment of existing.
Knowledge of complementary engineering designs and experience of working on multi-disciplinary projects. Minimum of 5-10 years is preferred, with a minimum of 3 years undertaking surveys of defects.
Educational Requirements and Professional Qualifications
* Minimum NA or Graduate Engineer that can demonstrate good relevant experience.
* Technical Knowledge and Skill
* Conversant with current Standards and Codes of Practice, but as a minimum British Standards.
* Experience in the design of general construction materials, in particular traditional construction and framed buildings.
* Familiarity with structural design packages (TEDDS would benefit).
* Very good report writing and communication skills.
* Familiar with the usual MS applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project.
Premier are acting as an employment agency