|Job Ref:||204630613||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Kilmarnock||Address:||Post Code:||KA1||Salary:||£16.00/hour||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:20|
Fire and Security Engineer - Based in the Kilmarnock - Mobile role |
Main Purpose of this role
To carry out system reactive and preventative maintenance and additional works, to all aspects of security systems, fire detection, life safety equipment and any other equipment within your capacities
Duties and Responsibilities
Service and installation of security systems, fire detection systems and life safety equipment in accordance with relevant standard and company guidelines
• Carry out reactive, preventative maintenance and installation work.
• Ensure all relevant engineering practices are adhered to.
• Carry out all duties in accordance with the Company Safety Manual.
• Develop and maintain effective client relationship and assist in gaining future work for the Company.
• Control and manage tools and plant on site to ensure that resources are in accordance with the job.
• Provide weekly progress reports to the Line Manager.
• Advise Line Manager on a daily basis of the progress on the contract.
• Generate quotes identifying additional works and provide quotation information as necessary.
• To participate and comply with material ordering and procurement procedures.
• Work in a cost effective and efficient manner, ensuring that all systems worked upon are operational.
• Will be required to be on call-out rota, for out of hour's call-outs.
• Attend any training courses that are deemed necessary.
• Comply with policies relating to Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Technical compliance issues that affect the customer and employees.
Knowledge and Experience
• Proven ability to install, test, commission and service CCTV, Access Control, Intruder Detection and Fire Alarm Systems.
• Carry out preventive and reactive maintenance on fire extinguisher systems
• Must be able to communicate with both external and internal customers in a professional and consistent manner.
• Proven IT skills, including Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Minimum electrical/electronics ONC experience or equivalent preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of Fire Protection Industry
• Extensive knowledge of security systems
• Knowledge of BS EN 50131 Alarm Systems
• Knowledge of BS EN 50132 CCTV System
• Knowledge of BS EN 50133 Access Control
• Knowledge of BS5839 Fire detection systems
• Knowledge of BS6266 Fire protection for electronic equipment installations
If this role is going to be of interest then please contact Marcus Pratt on (Apply online only) or email your CV for immediate consideration