|Job Ref:||204630428||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Bedfordshire||City:||Bedfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||SG15||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum + car+package||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:20|
PROJECT QUANTITY SURVEYOR REQUIRED FOR A HIGHWAYS MAINTENANCE CONTRACT|
Salary: Circa £45-50k + package
Sector: Civils, highways
Role: Quantity Surveyor
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Quantity Surveyor to run a portfolio of works on a long term highways maintenance contract. This framework is due to last 15 years and will provide a varied workload including road maintenance, signage, lighting, barriers and diversions. This is a great chance to work with a large degree of independence in delivering a portfolio of works.
As a Project Quantity Surveyor, you will be tasked with commercially managing a proportion of the workload. You will report directly to the commercial manager where you will contribute to the day to day commercial function effectiveness, with two junior members of the team sitting underneath you.
Typical duties will include:
* Measurement and valuation of works
* Measurement and payment of subcontractors
* Financial reporting
* Commercial support to Site and Contracts management team
* Mentoring and developing junior team members
* Experience in highways projects, more general civils will be considered.
* Must have knowledge of the NEC3 form of contract
* Ideally qualified; degree in quantity surveying/civil engineering, HNC, HND
* Excellent communication skills with a pro-active approach
Please note: you must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position
If you are interested in applying for this or other roles through ATA recruitment please forward your CV to or call NA