|Job Ref:||204630426||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Lewisham||Address:||Post Code:||SE13||Salary:||£39000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:20|
Shorterm require Dual Skilled Technicians on a permanent basis.|
* JOB TITLE: 4 x Dual Skilled Technician (Mechanical & Electrical)
* JOB LOCATION: Lewisham, South East London
* SALARY: £39,000k - £45,000k (TEMP to PERM)
* HOURS PER WEEK: 42 Hours AVERAGE per week
* SHIFTS: Days / Nights / Weekends - Must be Flexible
* START DATE: ASAP
Industries considered: RAF, REME, British Army, Royal Navy, Marine Engineering, Electrical Avionics Technician and Rolling Stock/Rail
Disciplines considered: Electrical Engineer, Dual Skilled Technician, Avionic Technician, Field Maintenance technician
As part of a small technical team undertaking maintenance, repair and rudimentary fault finding on rail vehicles, ensuring that the Rolling stock Fleet are operated safely.
To undertake all types of Mechanical & Electrical maintenance work, repair and fault finding on Rolling Stock to ensure that we provide our customer with a reliable, safe and defect free train.
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for ensuring that any maintenance they have undertaken at the depot is done so in accordance with the companies' safety regulations. Any maintenance undertaken by the Service Technician should not infringe on the customers timetable unless the safety of the set is compromised.
The position of Service Technician is a key Safety Critical position and is a requirement against the Service Agreement (SA). This position is the key focal point for the safe and reliable running of the fleet.
* To take responsibility for the safe, efficient and professional workmanship of self and others under their charge.
* Undertake detailed fault finding and investigation on specific technical issues.
* Identify possible improvements and feedback into Engineering.
* Compliance with all laid down H&S legislation and depot procedures to ensure a safe accident free environment.
* Required to continually look at opportunities to adopt and develop continuous improvement techniques.
* Co-operate with management in all matters relating to Health and Safety
* The role will provide a fault finding and technical advice service to the managers and technicians working on Electrostar's.
Working as part of the Engineering team, this challenging role involves investigating faults and defects on a fleet of modern EMU's. The successful applicant will provide technical assistance/advice to Shift Managers and technicians relating to engineering issues and be responsible for the effective fault diagnosis, repair and analysis of designated systems of responsibility. To achieve this effectively, the incumbent of this role will develop short and long term solutions to technical issues to help improve the reliability and safety of an already strong fleet.
The successful candidate will have a HNC (or equivalent) in electrical/ mechanical engineering and desirably a good technical knowledge of EMU. If the candidate does not have Rolling stock experience, experience working with performance management on military systems would also be suitable.
* Ability to work in a small highly motivated team.
* Able to communicate at a professional and technical level with the customer, team and management.
* Ability to manage work to ensure maximum continual service provision by maintaining a highly motivated self-awareness.
You will possess excellent communication & interpersonal skills and you will need extensive all-round knowledge of modern rolling stock systems, experience of depot operations and fault finding techniques.
If you wish to be considered for this role please send your CV together with copies of your qualifications or ring Rob Wilamowski at Shorterm Group on (Apply online only).
PLEASE NOTE ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A DRUGS AND ALCOHOL TEST BEFORE BEING OFFERED A POSITION.
Please note due to the volume of applications, we can only commit to contact those candidates we deem suitable for the position. However, we may retain your details and contact you in the future should suitable positions arise.
Please note the above job specification could be subject to change as agreed with our client