|Job Ref:||204632293||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Northampton||Address:||Post Code:||NN1||Salary:||£18000 - £36000/annum Dep on exp||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:52|
Field Service Engineer|
Working from Northampton office (within 45 min drive of office)
Great opportunity to join an international company dealing with the servicing and support of their equipment around the UK. This work will include, but not be limited, to: installation and commissioning, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting / field rectification, service technical support and customer training
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES :
* To carry out routine maintenance and servicing and breakdown repairs of equipment - primarily on customer sites but occasionally in the company service workshop.
* Support installation, commissioning activities, field troubleshooting and upgrade campaigns.
* To train customers in the proper operation of the equipment where required.
* To train customers in the routine maintenance of the equipment where required.
* From time to time provide more detailed Service Technical Reports on specific product or customer issues. Occasionally to develop and manage field troubleshooting guides and techniques and upgrade campaigns.
* To provide telephone technical support to customers as and when practical.
* To train other service personnel in service of equipment - by a combination of "formal" written and verbal presentation at base and on the job training at customer sites.
* To attend project meetings and report back to other members of the department as necessary.
* From time to time to report warranty problems back to the manufacturing company using the CS sheet
* To undertake other tasks as directed in support of the service organisation.
* Responsibilities common to all members of the Service Department:
* To carry out all activities with proper regard for personal safety and the safety of colleagues and customers.
* To conduct business with customers in a professional and courteous manner under all circumstances.
* To work in conjunction with Service Coordinators/Team Leaders to ensure efficient coverage of customer sites and
* maintain companies reputation for fast response.
* To keep abreast of relevant product developments and in particular to maintain any product information in an up-to-date and orderly manner.
* To ensure that all work and parts are properly recorded and Service Reports are completed and forwarded to relevant Service Coordinators in a timely manner.
* To ensure proper control and security of vehicle spares stocks (Where applicable)
* To maintain personal and departmental equipment in a safe and tidy state
This job description only contains the main accountabilities relating to the job and does not describe in detail all the duties required to carry them out.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Skills and Experience:
* Recognised Apprenticeship in Electrical/Electro-Mechanical discipline.
* Computer literate.
* MS Office.
* Well organised
* Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
* Ability to prioritise workload and work under own initiative.
* Good knowledge of the English language, both oral and written
* Own car (Car Allowance Paid) Clean Licence .
* Experience in Automotive Testing or Research & Development environment.
* Knowledge of Speed Drive control systems.
* Knowledge of Gas Analysis
NORMAL HOURS: On-site 09.00 to 17.00, Monday to Friday with an hour's break for lunch each day. In addition to these hours, you will be expected to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
Trainee (with electrical/electro mechanical apprenticeship/qualification) £18-25,000 dep on exp
Experienced Field Service Engineer £25-36,000 dep on exp