|Job Ref:||86365BR||Employer:||Raytheon Company||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Arizona||City:||Tucson||Address:||Post Date:||06/10/2016 04:01|
Are you an early career professional, who wants to work within a Virtual World? |
Do you have a passion for "living in the code" of detailed models and simulations?
Would you thrive by developing modeling & analysis solutions to solve complex problems?
If your answers are yes, the Modeling, Simulation and Analysis Center at Raytheon Missile Systems wants to learn more about you! The Tucson, AZ, facility is searching for several Junior Level Engineers Modeling/Simulation/Analysis Engineers (out of college 18 months or more) to join a growing team of engineering professionals who share a mission of protecting our war fighters and allies.
The Modeling, Simulation and Analysis Center (MSA) within the Systems Design & Performance (SD&P) directorate has the responsibility to provide, develop, and maintain performance and Operations Research simulations for all Raytheon Missiles Systems (RMS) products, support new business initiatives and develop and execute technology roadmaps.
Specific responsibilities within MSA include, but are not limited to, development of high fidelity performance simulations that include multiple sensor channels, scene generation capability, control hardware, physical environment, embedded software, and system performance analysis including pre-flight prediction, post flight matching, and verification and validation.
Note: This position can be Salary Grade E01 (Systems Engineer I) or Salary Grade E02 (Systems Engineer II) based upon the applicant's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements of the position.
Job Description and Key Tasks:
The Junior Modeling and Simulation Engineer will create high fidelity simulations and models for missile system design, performance assessment, and flight test support.
The Junior Simulation Engineer is responsible for the development and implementation of modeling solutions, and subsequently conducts trade studies and analysis of system/subsystem performance.
The individual is expected to work in a team environment, receiving inputs from his/her lead and providing guidance and/or direction to other team members. Junior Simulation Engineers will collaborate with Guidance, Navigation & Control (GNC), signal processing, and performance analysis personnel to perform simulation activities according to the program schedule.
The Junior Simulation Engineer will be expected to work on diverse projects and independently determine and develop approaches and solutions. The individual will be required to provide development support throughout product lifecycle, from initial concept to a fielded product.
Responsibilities include providing technical support for the simulation products of a specific program, and assisting Senior Modeling Engineers in the preparation of detailed plans (including task objective, expected output, budget requirements and schedule for projects), and may interact with government counterpart as an authority on simulation products.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
• Bachelors' Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, or Math required-- Graduated 18+ months ago (please go to NA for university programs positions)
• Experience using tools such as MATLAB or Python for analysis of data sets
• Experience coding in C/C++ (or other high order language)
• Experience using UNIX/Linux based workstations
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Secret Clearance
• College or work experience in modeling, simulation, statistics, or analysis as related to understanding the behavior and performance of existing or proposed engineering solutions
• Must have an existing or the ability to obtain a Department of Defense issued Secret Security clearance.
• Must be willing to relocate to Tucson, AZ (relocation package available)
Desired Education, Skills and Experience:
• Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, or Math preferred
• Leadership experience managing others as a technical lead, team lead or similar lead role involving applied system engineering and analysis and interfacing with multiple engineering disciplines
• Developing signal processing / GNC algorithms or models for missile applications
• Control Hardware Design and Test
• Modeling physics and physical systems as related to flight dynamics
• Knowledge of Software Configuration Management tools
• Course work or experience in some of the following fields: radar, signal & image processing, digital communications, estimation theory, optimal control, system architecture, inertial navigation, guidance theory
• Knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and the development of program schedules
• Knowledge of Raytheon Integrated Product Development System (IPDS) and program major gates (Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review, etc).
• Strong analysis and problem solving skills
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work well in teams and multi-task
Check us out on YouTube:
The Five Most Powerful Missiles Made by Raytheon
Ballistic Missile Defense (SM-3)
2015 MATHCOUNTS National Competition Highlights
Raytheon Top Ten for Organizations for Multicultural Business Opportunities
Global Presence Raytheon's Global Partnerships
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Type Of Job
AZ - Tucson