|Job Ref:||2016-12492_Jacksonville, FL||Employer:||Golder Associates||Country:||United States||County/State:||Florida||City:||Jacksonville||Address:||Post Date:||07/10/2016 05:00|
*Location:* US-Jacksonville, FL
*Job ID:* 2016-12492
*Area of Interest:* EN - Contaminant Investigation and Remediation
*Job Type:* Full Time
*# of Positions:* 1
*Education (Minimum):* High School Diploma
*Posted Date:* 9/12/2016
*Experience (Years):* 3
*SLP:* J2WENVIRONMENT, J2WPROJECTS
At Golder Associates, we strive to be the most respected global group specializing in ground engineering and environmental services. Employee-owned since our formation in 1960, we have created a unique culture with pride in ownership, resulting in long-term organizational stability. Our professionals take the time to build an understanding of our clientsâ€™ needs and of the specific environments in which they operate. Golder has experienced steady growth in the number of people we employ and our technical capabilities. We now employ over 6,500 people who operate from more than 160 offices across Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South America.
We are seeking an Environmental Technician to join our team in Jacksonville, FL. As an Environmental Technician, you will conduct system operation and maintenance of remediation systems, and soil and groundwater sampling following Florida Standard Operating Procedures. You will also support field work on geotechnical projects, environmental monitoring or other environmental projects, as necessary.
Other duties may include:
* Experience with installing and maintaining remediation systems, soil inspection and compaction testing, soils laboratory testing, and geosynthetics inspection and testing.
* Nuclear gauge operation, testing and sampling of soils.
* Geosynthetics monitoring and testing.
* Soil and Groundwater Sampling Procedures.
* Geotechnical logging and sampling.
* Reporting daily and weekly activities associated with the project.
* Working closely with Project Management, communication of results, issues or concerns.
Candidates that meet the following requirements will be considered:
* Possess environmental remediation system O&M and installation experience.
* Experience with programmable logic controllers and automation systems preferable.
* Must have a minimum of 1 year of relevant field experience.
* Knowledge of FDEP SOPs a plus
* The candidate must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, walk for long distances in varying terrains, and work outside under a variety of weather conditions.
* OSHA 40 Hour Hazwoper training and certificate required.
* Nicet, GRI, and/or Nuclear Density Training Certificates a plus.
* Must be available for travel as needed.
**While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.**
Our Staff Benefit from:
An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
Employee mentoring program
Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
Golder Associates Statement:
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.