Plumbing and Fire Protection Designer |
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, a world-class multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm, is seeking a Plumbing/Fire Protection Designer for our Denver, CO office. We work closely with architects and owners from around the world on large, complex projects with a focus on sustainability and energy performance of the built environment.
Our Engineers work on high quality, high-profile, national and international projects. You will actively participate in the full project cycle, from the design phase through the final construction close-out. WSP offers excellent growth opportunities: Many of our senior leaders started out as young engineers in our firm.
• Work within multi-discipline project teams to develop drawing and specification documents for issuance to architects, contractors and building owners.
• Design of plumbing and fire protection systems
• Calculation of preliminary water, gas, sanitary/sewer and storm loads for utility coordination
• Develop project specifications
• Survey and evaluation of existing conditions
• Construction administration
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,500 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering.
• 0-2 years' experience designing plumbing and fire protection systems for the built environment.
• Previous building design internship experience preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit.
• Knowledge of building and energy codes.
• Interest in innovative design, specifically in renewable energies and sustainable, high performing buildings.
• EIT License or LEED AP certification is a plus.
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F)/Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation