|Job Ref:||EMP374909||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||Competitive – Discuss upon application||Post Date:||07/10/2016 21:28|
Our client is a leading player in the development and marketing of oral liquid medicines and they currently have a new opportunity available for a QC Supervisor within their Quality Control team.|
BSc in Chemistry or a related discipline and management experience
Our client is a leading player in the development and marketing of oral liquid medicines and they currently have a new opportunity available for a QC Supervisor within their Quality Control team.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
• Supervises and Coordinates all QC activities related to incoming raw materials and finished products testing.
• Review and approve all analytical data generated within QC
• Direct team members towards achieving daily and long term business goals. Effectively monitor and manage progress and performance and provide timely feedback to the relevant teams and team members.
• Pro-actively lead operations and processes to ensure quality standards are met, e.g. GMP / GLP / H&S.
• Drive compliance to MHRA, FDA, Regulatory and Company requirements / standards.
• The job holder will have specific responsibilities detailed in the following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Ensure effective and timely delivery of business metrics and reviews.
• Participate in problems-solving and continuous improvement initiatives across all functions within QC / Business including lean related thinking (5S principals, elimination of waste, streamlining operations with no impact on quality).
• Manage team performance and objectives to ensure that the QC department achieve objectives on Quality, Cost, Safety, Delivery and Business goals / aims.
Key Skills Required:
• BSc in Chemistry or a related discipline
• Ideal candidates should have significant hands on experience of analysis within a pharmaceutical environment under a cGMP quality system in a fast paced environment
• Capable using techniques such as HPLC, GC and FTIR ideally gained within an industrial or lab based environment
• Knowledge of stability testing, performing and managing stability studies is desirable.
• Supervisory experience in a laboratory environment would be highly desirable.