the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
You will be part of the Product Development Engineering, Aerospace team where it all starts for Bombardier as it sets the stage to take full advantage of its investments and the tremendous growth potential of its new products. The organization is responsible for bringing new aircraft programs to their successful entry-into-service. Currently, these new products are the all-new CSeries commercial aircraft and the high-performance Global 7000/Global 8000 business jets.
In your role, you will:
- Produce engineering (design drawings) for the repair or modification of these aircraft systems
- Provide specialist advice relating to test methods and procedures for these systems
- Perform liaison with off-site Design Engineering core group
- Produce aircraft level ground/flight test definition sheets
- Review and analysis of data obtained from ground and flight tests of these systems
- Produce ground/flight test reports
- Prepare plans for troubleshooting aircraft/systems problems, and oversee the implementation of these plans by licensed aircraft mechanics
- Sign flight release documentation (including safety of flight judgments) discrepancies or non-standard modifications.
- Some travel required
As our ideal candidate,
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other personal characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
- You must have a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Aerospace Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of working experience in hydro-mechanical systems (flight controls, landing gear & brakes) OR a minimum of 8 years of working experience in hydro-mechanical systems (flight controls, landing gear & brakes) if no degree.
- You must have experience in flight-testing of civil aircraft and a good working knowledge of FAA & EASA certification requirements (Part 25)
- You must have the ability to interpret software documentation including logic diagrams related to electronic control of hydro-mechanical systems (flight controls, landing gear & brakes).
- You must have the experience with utilizing ARINC data to isolate faults related to system controls software.
- You must have good teamwork and communication skills, both oral and written.
- You must have interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, employees, management and contractors.
- You must be self-motivated, able to coordinate multiple activities and manage time effectively.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.