|Job Ref:||1618295||Employer:||Tyco||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United States||County/State:||North Carolina||City:||Monroe||Address:||Post Date:||06/10/2016 22:11|
COMPANY OVERVIEW |
Johnson Controls (NYSE: JCI) is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit NA or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
Here at Scott Safety located in Monroe, NC, we have mapped a very strong future in Flame and Gas Detection and are poised to enjoy significant growth. As a result, we are looking for top-notch Early Career Talent to join the team and make a significant contribution to our growing R&D Engineering Team!
The Tyco Engineering Development Program (EDP) is a two -year program designed to help top engineering talent develop their technical skills through two rotational assignments across the engineering organization. During each assignment, EDP engineers participate in technical, leadership and on-the-job training. Participants will also be involved with projects and initiatives that directly impact our strategic operations and business growth. This position requires the ability to relocate for assignment rotation.
• Develop, release and maintain setup, configuration, and diagnostic software to compliment new product releases.
• Responsible for software coding within a .NET environment, developing software components, database design, delegates, and writing custom applications. Ability to work within an R&D engineering environment on new product development.
• Provide software modifications using .NET, C#, Web Services (WCF/REST) and SQL Server.
• Ability to debug and troubleshoot software, configuration and database related issues in a complete Enterprise application.
• Create/update technical engineering documentation.
• Participate with team in process improvements; interact with other team members, Program Managers, Hardware and Firmware Engineers, Program Managers, QA Engineering, and Integration Team.
• Work in Agile teams following Agile methodologies to deliver high quality products on time.
• Perform similar work related duties as assigned.
• Talented Senior pursuing BS degree in Software Engineering.
• Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
• Experienced .NET programmer – C, C , C#: Target platform is 32, 64 bit Window® PC.
• Strong skill in developing communications with low-level embedded devices. (USB, RS-232, RS-485, TCP/IP, I2C, SPI).
• Hands on OOP Concepts and Component Design.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Software and Firmware troubleshooting practices, problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment – Self-directed.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Experience in managing software designs from concept to production.
• Familiarity with mobile operating systems a plus: iOS and Android.
• Capable of communicating and working effectively with global cross-functional teams.
• Must be a team player with strong personal skills.
• Familiarity using Six Sigma tools to design solutions to meet both customer and manufacturing requirements is a plus.
ABOUT JCI’S CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
During your assignment with JCI, you may have a variety of developmental opportunities in addition to your work assignments, such as, roundtable discussions with senior leaders to skill-building workshops, networking events, and community activities. No matter what your assignment, you will be presented with exceptional opportunities that help you explore diverse career paths! For more information on our company, a list of other career opportunities, or to create a profile you can visit us at NA