|Job Ref:||1618296||Employer:||Tyco||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Somerset||City:||Somerset||Address:||Post Code:||BS26||Post Date:||06/10/2016 22:10|
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. |
Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit NA or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
The Job overview
Defines, designs and implements process improvement as part of the Johnson Controls; ensure integration and alignment vertically and horizontally across organization. Defines improvement projects aligned with business strategies and priorities. Facilitates and coaches improvement teams. Establishes and maintains performance metrics to measure program success. Installs process excellence support for program governance, project reviews, communications, training, certifications and rewards. Utilize Lean, Six Sigma and change management methodologies and have appropriate levels of certification for the role.
Organization Level Description
• Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
• Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems.
• Makes recommendations using data to improve policies, procedures and processes
• Contributes to the completion of projects
• Plans schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives
• May be a team leader or supervise 1-2 junior professionals
- Completes Black Belt projects, as assigned, with limited levels of Master Black Belt direction and support by leading teams in the application of Lean and Six Sigma tools to solve business problems.
- Leads and delivers large, complex Process Excellence projects/initiatives following Lean Six Sigma methods and concepts.
- Develops projects through the DMAIC or Kaizen methodology (whichever best benefits the business), while considering potential project risks.
- Contributes to the identification of projects that meet strategic objectives.
- Monitors complex monthly Process Excellence performance metrics to ensure that organization objectives in the areas of cost, efficiency, and quality are met.
- Displays continuously the characteristics of a change leader in the organization.
- Facilitates meetings with management to review and examine project progress.
- Ensures all financial models are properly approved by FP&A.
- Develops and trains site Blue Belts, Green Belts, management and their respective teams utilizing lean, continuous improvement, project management and business integration tools and concepts.
Skills and experience
Typically black belt accredited.
Prior experience applying skillset. This could be either in an operational role or in applying the skillset to functional improvements. Small-medium site or functional support responsibilities (tactical).