|Job Ref:||142828BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United States||County/State:||South Carolina||City:||Aiken||Address:||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:43|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
AECOM's Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM's Government business line and is comprised of three divisions - International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
Savannah River Remediation, an LLC of AECOM, is seeking a Senior Engineer - Electrical to be based in our Aiken, SC location.
Serve as the Design Authority for electrical systems supporting tank farm operations, the Defense Waste Processing Facility, and the Saltstone facility.
• Maintain facility operations within established baseline and safety requirements, maintain configuration control, monitor system performance, assist in troubleshooting, and provide cost-effective recommendations for system operations.
• Define design requirements for new facility modifications and ensure the requirements are incorporated in subsequent designs, construction, testing, and operations.
• Assist in the study, development, testing, and analyses of designs, processes, and procedures related to facility operations.
• Organize and accept responsibility for the accuracy of technical analyses, and evaluation of results using standard techniques and procedures.
• Perform engineering calculations, as necessary.
• BS Degree in Electrical Engineering with 6 years applicable experience; or
• MS Degree in Electrical Engineering with 4 years applicable experience; or
•�Good organizational and communication skills are necessary. Must be able to express ideas concisely and clearly, both verbally and in writing.
• Due to the nature of work, candidate must be a US Citizen.
• Knowledge of advanced engineering principles and practices to develop appropriate outputs.
• Working knowledge of National Codes and Standards
• Flexibility and adaptability to work in a changing environment with multiple demands and priorities.
• Ability to read and interpret Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams, Single Line Diagrams, System Descriptions, Vendor Documents and Electrical Designs.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.