|Job Ref:||sdahh||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Hemel Hempstead||Address:||Post Code:||HP2||Salary:||£ 28,000 - £ 38,000 per year||Post Date:||08/10/2016 00:23|
STRUCTURAL ENGINEER - HEMEL HEMPSTEAD - BUILDINGS DESIGN to work for consultancy who provide multi-disciplinary services in areas including Structural and Civil Engineering, Building Surveying, Land Surveying, Transport and Highway Engineering. This is a permanent position within the Structural Engineering team based at their office in Hemel Hempstead. This team undertakes the following tasks:|
* Design of structures, including large framed commercial and residential projects
* Foundation design and assessment.
* Building defect audits for insurance purposes, and litigation resolution
The team is highly motivated and committed to the delivery of successful projects. This ethos has resulted in an expanding workload and the requirement for another capable and experienced engineer. A suitable candidate will enjoy their work and the challenges provided. They will in time be responsible for managing all aspects of the successful delivery of their projects. This will include structural design and client liaison.
Remuneration & Training
The firm have a friendly and supportive working environment, which has resulted in good morale, and a low staff turnover. The company has a strong commitment to training ranging from 'on the job training' in new software and design techniques to Training Programmes for Chartered status and external short courses. The company breadth of skills and experienced staff creates an excellent environment for new staff to undertake varied and rewarding tasks and expand their knowledge and skills.
* Prepare structural design in reinforced concrete and steelwork and design of building foundations. Experience is also required on refurbishment projects.
* Take a global view of structural design on a project, identifying potential problems and solutions and provide advice to clients on structural options.
* Detailed structural design in masonry and timber.
* Attend site and confidently resolve issues in a practical manner.
* Speak clearly, confidently, professionally and convincingly at meetings and on the telephone.
* Write clear and concise e-mails, letters and reports.
* Handling of entire projects through to completion, including client liaison, attendance at meetings and ensuring drawings are prepared satisfactorily.
* Schematic structural design based on basic architectural layouts.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Graduate Structural Engineer working towards MICE or MIStructE status
* Minimum qualification - Degree in Structural or Civil Engineering.
* Some years design experience within a structural design consultancy required
You must be a car driver and have the full right to work in the UK. Candidates who already live within sensible commuting distance will be given priority.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.