A Leading Telecommunications organisation based in London requires a Network Engineer to join their growing Network /WIFI team on a contract basis. The purpose of this role is to support the
Wi-Fi Core Networks as a Network Engineer you will be responsible and accountable for the implementation and maintenance of the Gateway Enterprise and the Clients Wi-Fi Core Networks.
This includes responsibility and accountability to deliver tangible results based upon network performance and uptime as well a true end-to-end customer experience.
You will be required to have deep understanding, knowledge and experience on all aspects of Cisco and Juniper routers, Linux systems, administration including error log checking, performance monitoring and tuning. You must be focused with a structured and disciplined approach, who can work well in a team environment.
- Implementation and support and troubleshooting of the core, distribution and access areas of the (CLIENT) Wi-Fi and Gateway Enterprise Networks.
- Maintenance of the (CLIENT) Wi-Fi and Gateway Enterprise Networks, during approved maintenance windows and following change processes in accordance with ITIL best practice, ensure the solution remains current and free of vulnerabilities at all times.
- Be the technical lead for critical and high impact networking incidents impacting the Core network, ensuring that all incidents are resolved with SLA.
- Support the Network Monitoring Centre (NMC) and Customer support teams where necessary, resolving network issues in accordance with strict SLA's.
- Carry out ongoing analysis of the network infrastructure using an array of tools and continually work towards optimising performance.
- Regularly carry out business continuity testing ensuring that configuration is consistent within and across geo-located data centres.
- As the subject matter experts of the Core network, share knowledge and help train all members of the support organisation writing documentation and knowledge articles where applicable.
- Liaise with the backhaul and transit service providers for service issues and upgrades
- Drive continual service improvement by providing technical recommendations and design input to the Design team.
- Be part of an on-call rota, providing on call support for critical and high incidents that occur outside of business hours.
- Experience with Cisco:
- 800, 1800, 1900 and 2900 series routers;
- Cisco 6500 and 7600 switches;
- Cisco ASR 9000 series;
- Cisco Access Points including Clean Air capability;
- Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers and WCS;
- Experience with Juniper firewalls and transit routers;
- Experience of using F5 and Brocade load balancers;
- BGP Experience
- Role holder must have at least 5+ years ISP experience either in an operator or supplier in a similar or complimentary role;
- Strong security, routing and switching background with both Cisco and Juniper equipment
- Strong understanding of MPLS, VLANS, OSPF, BGP, QOS, TCP/IP, redistribution, NAT, Ethernet
- Strong understanding of Encryption, Hashing, IPSEC, Intrusion Prevention, Attacks and defences
- Working knowledge of DNS, DHCP, RADIUS, L2TP and PPP services
- CCNP Accreditation
- Knows how (CLIENT) service and offerings interrelate and how they are received by customers, knows how this contrasts with the competition;
- A good working knowledge of mobile networks, the mobile communications marketplace, and the ability to deal with constantly changing and evolving targets is desirable.
- Experience with Spectrum, CA Performance Manager, NetMRI