Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||00016007||Employer:||Oxy||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||Houston||Address:||Post Date:||13/10/2016 01:02|
The Outside Operated Assets (OOA) group is a multi-discipline team that coordinates outside operated related activities including Operated By Others (OBO) strategy support, competitor and market analysis, and domestic OBO performance analysis and reporting. The GIS Specialist position supports these key roles by providing mapping and spatial analysis support to the OOA team and by managing data. This position collaborates with OOA engineers, portfolio analysts, and other technicians and specialists.|
• Provides maps, data extracts, and other support in a timely manner to engineers and analysts.
• Aggregates competitor data through state and federal public sources, licensed data sources such as IHS and Drilling Info, and internal data sources.
• Produces easy to understand, professional quality maps of all scales.
• Maintains evergreen competitor activity map products.
• Proficient in locating, correcting, and validating technical data.
• Actively participates in team website maintenance tasks and records management.
• Sets up and maintains working database connections and scripts necessary to refresh data queries.
• Provides training, best practices sharing, and mentoring to others as needed.
• Associates degree
• 4 years of applicable industry experience
• Proficient with ArcGIS package and able to quickly produce high quality maps on demand.
• Competent using geoprocessing tools for analysis of spatial data.
• Good understanding of coordinate systems, transformations and spatial file/format conversions
• Familiarity with Python for maintaining scheduled map updates.
• Ability to georeference rasters and digitize data.
• Familiarity with extracting data from external sources (IHS Enerdeq, TGS, state websites) including quality control and reconciliation with internal data sources.
• Familiar with oil and gas business particularly in terms of terminology and related data attributes.
• High level Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Access skills. Microsoft Sharepoint skills desired.
• Effective team player who takes an active role in team responsibilities. Strong time management skills. Ability to work with minimum of supervision. Ability to work on multiple tasks and to collaborate actively with other departments.
• Proficient at communicating verbally and in written form in a professional and polished manner.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status