Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||28520BR||Employer:||Black & Veatch||Job Type:||Permanent||City:||US||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 01:02|
Manages a team of leveraged consultants and a portfolio of projects. Seeking candidates with experience in the following areas: LMR and other public safety Radio Technology, business development and project management within state, county or city government, experience in the public safety industry. Demonstrates capabilities with minimal level of oversight from more senior level professionals. Manages multiple small to medium sized Services projects, and/or a small EPC project. Manages multiple clients and/or projects. Manages risk which may include fixed price engineering, new technology or new clients. May lead a medium to large size effort or project team. May delegate team work assignments through various phases of an engagement. May manage projects from prospect to client deliverable. Provides technical or industry knowledge and manages the consultants in their day to day execution. |
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
May contribute to the development and implementation of the strategic direction and objectives of a service offering
• May manage employees in engagements and provides input for performance management and compensation
• Contributes to development of products and/or services
• Matrix Management: Transfers knowledge, capabilities, and skills to improve others' knowledge and skill levels. Provide ongoing feedback to professionals on the projects and their supervisors. Complete project evaluation forms
• Contributes to the career development of others through engagement assignments and general evaluation
• Delegates work duties according to the development opportunities and needs of individuals
• Consulting Capability:
• Secures commitment and participation from the client's senior management by leveraging relationships
• Develops or contributes to the engagement business case. Outlines specific performance measures, targets, and goals.
• Delivers client solutions aligned with defined value proposition across multiple areas of a client's businesses
• Searches for new consulting opportunities with existing or new clients
• Secures receivables from clients during and after completion of engagements
• Industry Knowledge Capability: • Utilizes specialized knowledge to produce complex work products and solutions across all phases of an engagement
• Defines and applies appropriate methods or recognized equivalent to identified client needs
• Develops, presents, and defends conclusions, recommendations, and implementation plans
• Leads quality reviews of smaller assigned engagements or supports reviews of larger engagements
• Identifies technical issues impacting an engagement
• Project Management Capability (where applicable):
• Manages moderate to highly complex engagements through all stages and phases
• Manages moderate to highly complex engagements with factors that may include: multiple business units; manages other contractor/vendors on the project; high level of technology integration within the engagement; or cross-functional and/or multi-dimensional teams.
• Scope: Billable hours and business development targets established in annual goal setting process.
• May supervise the work of others. Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates. May act in the capacity of a "lead person". May have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction. Positions receiving work direction: Analyst, Consulting, Sr. Analyst, Consulting, Consultant & Manager, Consulting. May also act as a project manager of a project team. Individuals comprising this team may vary by project.
Bachelor of science degree.
Preferred Job Qualifications
Typically 7 years experience.
Business Development experience preferred.
Seeking Candidates with experience in the following areas:
Radio Technology, business development and project management within state, county or city government, experience in the public safety industry.
• Depth and breadth of knowledge in area of specialization.
• Advanced project management skills.
• Business development and consulting management skills.
• People management skills including recruiting, evaluation, and mentoring.
• Advanced knowledge in all aspects of consulting processes. Client management and negotiation skills.
• Broad knowledge of the marketplace.
• Proficient human relations skills.
• Action Oriented
• Business Acumen
• Comfort Around Higher Management
• Customer Focus
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Interpersonal Savvy
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females