Purpose of Role
We are seeking a Contract Manager for the Central Supplier Management function, the successful candidate will be responsible for the overall management of Suppliers within a defined business work stream which is Fire & Security.
This is a regional role requiring travel to various sites and Client meetings.
We are seeking candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Relevant British / European Standards applicable to fire and security industry – BS5839, BSEN50131, DD243, PD6662.
- Sound understanding of NSI Gold accreditation / audit / process
- Experience in contract / customer management for fire and security systems
- Commercial awareness in dealing with and sanctioning SLA / KPI / abatements against contractual requirements.
- Understanding of compliance requirements around the maintenance of fire / CCTV / intruder systems.
- Ability to produce reports which meets both customer / NSI requirements
- Delivers all Supplier Management activity within part of a Business Unit
- Works closely with stakeholders in procurement to understand customer requirements and implement the most appropriate supply chain to manage
- Communication with internal and external customers ensuring all needs are met and expectations exceeded. Communicating supplier updates to the Carillion business and obtaining feedback on the supplier’s performance, which will be used to improve standards.
- Assistance to Senior Operational delivery teams. Promotes Carillion Contract Management capability to customers and stakeholders. Work with operational teams including technical and compliance to ensure basic understanding of contractual service delivery by suppliers.
- Responsible for operational team adherence to the business Supply Chain Strategies.
- Responsible for cost management of the supplier and their contracts to achieve further savings through spend control, monitoring of required service deliveries, value add and implementation of valid initiatives.
- Management of ‘Application and Certification’ process to control all supplier spend.
- Leading strategic supplier meetings and inviting the relevant internal personnel to be in attendance. Managing and closing out strategic actions.
- Delivers agreed savings and performance improvement benefits and is accountable for performance of total supply chain.
- Installs and leads performance management and supplier development programmes in line with SLA’s and KPI’s. Raises Supplier performance (measurement targets / benchmarking / relationship management/ high level problem solving)
- Manage supplier delivery of PPM’s/job plans/technical specifications to ensure they are delivered to the standard specified in the Contract.
- Build the relationships required with suppliers to enable Carillion to gain the right level of control of the service delivered.
- Working with the internal Carillion teams and the suppliers to manage ongoing access issues and resolve other ongoing problems or disputes.
- Working with the finance teams to help resolve payment or invoice issues.
Additional Role Information
- Company vehicle & fuel card
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays with the opportunity to buy more holidays once you have been with us for a short while
- BUPA Healthcare Insurance (single cover with option to 'trade up' to cover your family
- Pension Plan
- Carillion 'Thank You' Scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme & discounts on high street brands