|Job Ref:||204259626||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||North Wales||Address:||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:09|
Process Development Engineer|
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Process Development Engineer to work in an expanding medical device company. This company is in the process of developing the next generation of products for their current range that has recently hit the market.
Based in the Home Counties area, our client is an expanding medical device company with one product in particular that is helping drive business growth. A specialist in their field, this company offers an excellent range of benefits and the opportunity for exposure to aid career development.
With the growth of the business they have now set up a manufacturing facility in North Wales.
• To develop and improve new and existing processes used in the manufacturing department. This will involve working with ultra-low volume dispensing, die & wire bond, assembly, calibration and test processes.
• Improve efficiency, increase yield and reduce the cost of goods of production processes.
• Design, source and implement the optimum production equipment, processes and associated facilities for the manufacture of the product range
• This will require management of several projects on manual, semi-automatic and automatic assembly. Also final packaging and testing. Also detailed analysis of yield & capacity and implementation of an improvement program.
• This will necessitate a sound ability in the production, monitoring and communication of plans and budgets. Also, the strong communication with, and management of, external partners.
• Knowledge and practice of six sigma methods
• Process & Equipment Validation
• Basic project management skills
• Knowledge of the principles of lean manufacturing
• Problem solving / Root cause analysis
• Appreciation and understanding of DfX (DfM/DfA)
• Design of jigs and fixtures
• Knowledge of pneumatics & reasonable understanding of control systems
• Developing manual assembly methods & procedures
• HVAC / Clean room specification & build knowledge highly desirable
• Knowledgeable within the field of the defined role.
• Highly self motivated
• Confident communicator at all levels
• Team player
• Willingness to travel to a Wales manufacturing facility
• Degree/HND in Engineering.
• Full Driving Licence preferred.
• A minimum of three years' experience within the medical device industry
• Experience of process transfer.
• Microfluidics & vision systems experience desirable
• Experience of working within quality systems essential. E.g. ISO 9001 or 13485
Harris Lord is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role
Process, Development, Manufacture, Production, ISO13485, 13485, 9001, ISO9001, Medical Device, Process Engineering, Engineer, Engineering, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Production, Development, Process Change, Process Transfer, Validation, Quality