Repair Logistics Customer Care Representative|
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community, and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
The Customer Care Representative provides factory-based support to end-user customers and dealers seeking product and warranty information, technical and diagnostic support, service location assistance, and general company information.
Typical Duties & Tasks
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
Customer Assistance Skill Sets:
- Document customer interactions information within Cummins, strengthening the link between the customer and the factory
- Build a professional relationship with customers to increase loyalty in the Cummins' products
- Ability to maintain professionalism with composure and resilience
- Provide Intermediate direct and prompt assistance to customers through various media (phone, email, letter, and fax), acting as a customer advocate
- Resolve less common customer issues through a broad understanding of Cummins processes, systems, and practices
- Ability to work in a cross-functional organization, building relationships and managing conflict with customer
- Ability to escalate internally and externally as required providing documentation throughout process
- Contribute to the development of customer and knowledge database(s) by accurately and consistently recording customer contact information and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Willingness to share information by providing assistance to peers while having openness to learning and contributing to the development of a positive work environment within Customer Care
- Assist with coordination of product information between business units, distributors, end users, etc.
- Support contact center quality improvements and response targets
- Support Six Sigma as a team member and input ideas into hopper
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to be flexible with time constraints and scheduling if applicable
Computer / Telephone Skills:
- Representatives should be Intermediate (familiar to proficient) in the application of customer service knowledge/skill set in a wide range of work situations
- Practical experience interacting with customers providing technical direction
- Ability to interpret troubleshooting trees to provide assistance to customers
- Ability to manage conflict and diffuse situations to provide optimal resolution
- Should possess Intermediate (familiar to proficient) skills in planning/organizing, problem solving, attention to detail, accuracy, and professionalism
- Management of assigned accounts/end users/distributors/ in house customers aligned with Service Level Agreement that includes but not limited to daily/weekly/monthly reporting measures, communication with details, follow through with deliverables, etc.
- Able to advise of status at any time throughout the process of customer experience
- Work with internal Customer Care employees, distributors, suppliers, and other business units to maximize service to customers
- Familiar with computer related programs such as Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc)
- Able to type 30 WPM
- Able to perform with limited to no guidance effectively with Telephony System and Telephony Quality Compliance by providing documentation for each contact
- Basic/Foundational understanding of Telephony reporting measures
- Understanding of applicable database systems (SOMS, GOMS, Seibel, IMS, Red Prairie and /or Citrix) and ability to run reporting measures
HS Diploma and minimum 2 years of Customer Support experience.
Any type of technical experience strongly preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation : Base salary commensurate with experience,
Benefits : Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit company website .