|Job Ref:||1600035W||Employer:||Cummins Inc.||Country:||United States||County/State:||Tennessee||City:||Nashville||Address:||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:06|
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
• Conducts comprehensive analysis, summarizes information and assists in the development of recommended actions in support of compensation and benefits policies and procedures. Administers the collection, consolidation and interpretation of data required by human resources leadership.
• Conducts complex studies and analysis for assigned countries; prepares and reviews market survey submissions; partners with data suppliers, manager groups, and line human resources.
• Conducts job evaluations using the organization's job evaluation tool; trains others on the use of the tool and conducts peer reviews of completed job evaluations.
• Guides line human resources with compensation and benefits related processes; evaluates issues and provides problem resolution; handles moderately complex program interpretations and resolutions.
• Prepares reports, evaluations, and other research regarding compliance issues and filings; may conduct analysis to evaluate plan effectiveness and strategy assessment.
• Participates in the delivery and assessment of standard and annual processes such as annual merit review and benefits enrollment.
• Participates as a team member to develop and improve global strategies and policies.
• May develop and deliver compensation and benefits training to managers and line human resources; participates in and provides input to overall human resources training for compensation and benefits content.
• Conducts research to understand external market trends and practices; may lead an initiative to incorporate relevant findings into internal practices.
Analytical Reasoning - Has an advanced understanding of analytical methodologies and the ability to utilize various statistical methodologies. Provides recommendations for business actions based on the conclusions drawn from analytical analysis in a way that is meaningful to the business partner.
Communication - Is able to effectively and clearly communicate in both written and verbal means.
Compensation Administration - Possesses a good understanding of pay structures and systems and how to apply that knowledge when making pay decisions. Determines job levels and slots jobs within those levels. Understands the impact of pay decisions on internal equity and external competitiveness.
Benefits Design and Administration - Has a good understanding of benefits programs including the design, cost structure, and experience answering employee questions.
Finance Internal Controls - Understands the importance of finance internal controls, capable of identifying, evaluating and documenting internal controls. Understands the underlying principles, techniques, and procedures of this skill.
Human Resources Data Management - Understands information linkages among multiple systems of record. Experienced auditing and analyzing data to ensure data completeness and accuracy, conducts predictive analysis and recommends potential business actions.
Taxation of Employee Compensation and Benefits - Familiar with the basic elements of the taxation of employee compensation and benefits and is capable of applying at basic level.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
• College, university, or equivalent degree in Human Resources, Business or related field required.
• 3 - 5 years of experience providing compensation analysis
• Fully manage both the Employee and Board of Directors Deferred Compensation processes, including coordinating deferrals, payments, terminations, and reconciliations
• Work with outside vendors in support of executive compensation programs
• Support key initiatives from the corporate compensation and corporate executive compensation teams
• Act as point of escalation to resolve complex Officer Compensation and CMI Board of Directors Compensation issues and participant concerns where the policy direction is not clear
• Support day to day Contact Center activities by researching, trouble shooting and resolving compensation issues
• Lead improvement efforts
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit company website .