|Job Ref:||204642670||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£70000 - £75000/annum 70,000 + Package||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:59|
Our client is expanding its Project team and requires two Senior Construction Site Managers. The right person is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the project and for coordinating all on site activities. The projects will be commercial refurbishments and new builds in the city & west end. |
The ideal candidate will have experience of working on a wide range of projects both in value and complexity. You will have experience in maintaining and developing client relationships and key skills in project planning and time management and effective communication to manage site based project personnel. The following attributes will be present in the successful candidate: Strong work ethic; Highly motivated; Team player; Highly Focused; Results Driven; Positive & effective communicator; Strong track record of similar nature & scope of work.
To deliver a quality service and product in line with the project goals by working with the professional team and applying company systems, procedures and culture as either a Project leader or as a key senior manager as part of a construction team.
* To work closely with the Projects manager / Project Director / Design manager & Building Services manager.
* To identify problems and offer solutions prior to and during construction
* To suggest trade contractors, systems and manufacturers for team appraisal
* To review design and shop drawings, the project programme and contribute where necessary
* To offer high level strategic thinking at a project level (lower level strategic input only is required for the skills area)
* To be aware of the existence of marketing relationships with external professionals and clients
* To produce precise and succinct project reports
* To produce logistic plans and method statements
* To chair trade contractor meetings
* Develop and monitor detailed programmes with the project planner
* To develop and monitor short term works programmes
* To carry out forward planning exercises identifying constraints that could affect the programme / project.
* Produce short term area or trade specific programmes
* Work within The Construction Management system
* Good understanding of M&E systems
* To develop computer skills
* Implement Zero Defects Initiative
Health & Safety:
* Take a lead role for Health & Safety in accordance with the minimum standards set out by the company
* To work closely with the Health & Safety manager / advisor in planning the works
* Proactively work with the Health & Safety department to ensure standards are maintained and full compliance with the safety management system is achieved
* Promote health and safety best practice
* Promote training initiatives to ensure staff and supply chain are properly qualified
* Evidence of strong interpersonal and people management skills are essential
* Strong technical knowledge, including building services
* Extensive knowledge and awareness of health, safety, and environmental procedures, practices and legislation
* Good customer relationship skills
* Ability to multi task
* Ability to understand the wider picture whilst devoting attention to detail
* Attitude: characterised by enthusiasm, commitment to personal and project success
* Proactive, diligent, able and willing to think ahead
* Ability to communicate positively and effectively
* Approach; structured, focused, thorough, high level of attention to detail.
* Commercial awareness, understanding and ability to make profit whilst retaining relationships and company values
Relationship with Colleagues
* Manage project construction teams as a project leader or as a senior manager as part of a construction team in line with the vision, values and culture of the company
* Provide clear, appropriate and timely feedback on performance, attitude and behaviour to project teams and individuals on a regular basis
* Develop effective people management skills.
* Effective management of the formal performance management review process, including encouragement of construction staff to fulfil their development plans, encouraging regular review
* Is involved with design teams and trade contractors at site meetings and project meetings and contributes toward the project report.
* Takes on role of mentor to CM, ACM and TCM staff.
* Works effectively and efficiently with fellow team members.
* Acts as the key co-ordinator with the professional team in respect to the design.
* Be involved in pre-construction interface with client and design team.
Essential Skills & Qualifications
* Recognised qualification, preferably in structural or civil engineering.
* Previous experience of successfully carrying out a similar role to a high quality.
* Fully conversant with CDM and all relevant Health & Safety legislation and previous experience of successful implementation on a major project.
* In addition to general knowledge of common building and service trade, has greater in-depth knowledge and expertise in some specific areas e.g. joinery, cable wall systems, security