|Job Ref:||204643029||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||St Albans||Address:||Post Code:||AL1||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:38|
PROCUREMENT MANAGER (CONSTRUCTION HIRE)|
Circa £45,000 DOE
Our client has been established for over 30 years and is a leading name in the construction/plant hire industry. They currently have an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Manager based between head office and their depot based near St Albans.
As Procurement Manager of a nationwide plant hire company, you will be required to continually review systems, procedures and processes to improve service quality, efficiency and to reduce costs.
You will provide a professional and compliant procurement management service delivering best value whilst ensuring supply chain efficiency.
You will have previous experience working in a procurement position ideally within plant or construction. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate that they are commercially astute with a proven track record of achieving best value. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build lasting relationships with external suppliers and customers is essential to the success of this role.
Responsibilities of the Procurement Manager
* Development and execution of the Project Supply Chain Strategy.
* Identify the procurement needs via consultation with plant, parts, haulage and utilities
* Develop, own and maintain a supply chain network.
* Development and successful running of the Procurement Project Team, including personnel, planning, approvals, policies, procedures, compliance and reporting.
* All Supply Chain disciplines, including procurement, subcontracts, expediting, quality control/inspection and materials management and logistics.
* Support QA with supply chain evaluations
Requirements of the Procurement Manager
* Strong negotiation skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and team working
* Good written / reporting and verbal communication skills.
* PC Literacy in basic software packages
* Ability to work in a high-stress, high-dependency environment
* Good management skills.
The ideal candidate will be located in Stevenage, Luton, Dunstable, Welwyn, Harpenden, Welwyn Garden City, Hertford, Hatfield, St Albans, Hemel Hempstead, Chesham, Watford, Borehamwood, Potters Bar or surrounding areas