|Job Ref:||204643472||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:38|
Join our award winning global multidisciplinary client's Birmingham based Affordable Housing team as a Senior Employers Agent and you will discover a culture focused on helping you flourish as a professional and giving you exposure to a variety of large scale and niche projects where you will be trained to deliver the highest value services to a number of key clients. There will be plenty of opportunity to develop and progress in this role, as well as learning the interests of investors.
The key aim of the role is to deliver pre and post contract Employer's Agent services.
* To assist with the development of QS/ PM services and products
* To provide QS/ PM services across a broad spectrum of the QS/ PM product range based on personal experience and professional training.
* To provide all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner.
* Capable of delivering pre-contract and post-contract EA services (with a strong emphasis on cost and commercial management and/ or project management skills), taking an assignment from inception to completion.
* To deliver key elements of larger EA assignments under the supervision of a Service Leader or above
* Integral team member in the delivery of key elements of larger assignments.
* To take responsibility for the delivery of projects, commissions and professional assignments with limited supervision.
* To mentor and support Trainees and Graduates in their professional development, possibly taking line management responsibilities for a graduate, where appropriate, and the nature of the project merits such an approach.
* To be able to take a brief from a client and to assist in the preparation of fee proposals alongside the Team Leader.
* Be a team player and integral member of their business unit
What you will offer:
* Significant experience of Employer's Agent / Project Management or Cost and Commercial Management for major and complex schemes
* Administrating contracts using JCT D&B, and Development Agreements including contract and financial management
* Working on mixed tenure projects; rented, shared ownership and outright sale
* Knowledge of residential construction standards, space standards, sustainability, building control, NHBC, lifetime homes etc
* Working understanding of the planning system and highways relevant to residential
* High quality oral and written communications (reports, instructions etc)
* Strong people management and leadership skills
* Experience of producing executive progress reports on a monthly basis relating to project deliverables
* Experience of sustaining client relationships as a trusted advisor
* Pro-active approach - able to identify areas of need and to manage outputs
* Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
* A flexible attitude - able to respond to the needs of the business
* Experience to include interpretation of contracts, design and implementation of change management, resolution of contractual disputes, design and implementation of project controls, contract correspondence and financial close out of contracts.
* Highly skilled in contract negotiation.
* Strong knowledge and use of document management systems to aid efficient service delivery.
* Experience of programme analysis, interrogation, interpretation and client reporting.
* Professional qualifications to include (not all) MCIOB, MAPM or MRICS and ideally with 3 years Post Qualification Experience.
* Evidence of continuous professional development.
* University undergraduate and post graduate desirable but not essential.
* Knowledge in the use of computer software for executing work processes and programmes.
* Can support the sustainability of the business by identifying new work opportunities in the market and working through with Account Leaders, and others to secure new business.
* Additional European language skills are highly desirable