|Job Ref:||204642509||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£33000 - £37000/annum plus package||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:59|
We are looking for an Electrical Contracts Supervisor to efficiently manage building / electrical contracts for a successful maintenance contractor within the Bristol area. In this role you will be ensuring the works are completed to the standard required within the programme period and to an agreed budget, also ensuring that all works are delivered in line with Health and Safety legislation.|
Your role will include;
* Assist the Senior Contracts Manager / Electrical Manager to ensure that the P&L (Profit & Loss) of assigned contracts are delivered in-line with the budget expectations
* To manage and motivate employees and sub contracted staff to ensure that works are completed both in an efficient manner and in accordance with the agreed programme.
* To liaise effectively with the client's representative and work colleagues as necessary with regard to any matters, both through formal and informal meetings.
* To ensure that all matters relating to health and safety issues are addressed including ensuring that all works are carried out in a safe manner, and in compliance with all current legislation and regulations. To ensure that method statements and risk assessments are prepared and issued as required. To ensure that all information with regard to health and safety is produced, including all necessary information for the health and safety file and other relevant CDM information.
* To ensure that all works are completed within agreed timescales and standards as reflected in Key Performance Indicators. To undertake quality assurance checks by random samplings as required by the managed contract.
* To ensure that contracts, works, orders and variations are processed in accordance with the company's management procedures
* To ensure that any company asset, resources and hired plant is used in the most economical manner.
* To ensure that adequate protection is provided for all company assets that fall within the posts area of responsibility.
* To report any perceived threats to the Company and to ensure that the appropriate action is taken without delay.
* To represent the company in a professional manner in order to maintain the company's image at all times.
* To fully utilise IT software packages and programmes to enable contract delivery that are available to you.
* To become familiar with all contract documentation including the specification and contract drawings, including requesting any information that is outstanding to enable the works to progress in an expedient manner. Ensuring all of the contract team, inclusive Supply Chain, are issued with relevant information.
* To assist in the production of contract programmes and maintain such data throughout the contract duration.
* To help in the production of the site management plan and ensure that sites are set up in the most efficient and economical manner.
* To ensure that materials that are delivered to site comply with the contract specification, programme and management systems.
* To ensure that all statutory inspections are carried out including building control and warranty schemes.
* City and Guilds 236 (part 1,2,3);
* City and Guilds NVQ Level 2 & 3 Electrical installations
* City and Guilds 2382 (17th Edition);
* City and Guilds 2391
* Knowledge of building and construction including building regulations and guidance notes;
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career on (Apply online only)
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy