|Job Ref:||204643668||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newbridge||Address:||Post Code:||PL17||Salary:||£15.05 - £18.74/hour||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:33|
This role has been released for an assistant project manager has been released on a temporary basis for 3 months initially.|
An opportunity as been created an assistant project manager to take the lead on the delivery of our sheltered housing programme, experience in project management on high value works would be an advantage.
* The Council is a Housing retention authority and is committed to achieve the Welsh Housing Quality Standard by 2019/20.
* The Assistant Project Manager will be assigned to a functional group responsible for the delivery of WHQS programme of works.
* Management of allocated contracts.
* Technical advice and support to relevant Project Manager.
* Oversee surveying, works specification and budget estimates.
* Administer contracts, including the issuing of works instructions, assisting with valuation payments, and final accounts.
* Ensure continuity of work programme in conjunction with Project Manager.
* Work closely with Performance and Asset Management group to monitor contracts within Keystone, with timely input of information by all team members.
* Work closely with HRA Finance Unit to monitor contract expenditure, ensure regular valuations, and prompt payment of invoices.
* Use technical knowledge to improve processes and procedures.
* In conjunction with the Corporate Procurement Team ensure contract documentation is properly prepared and tendering procedures are compliant with EU Standing Orders and Financial Regulations.
* Compliance with health and safety policies and all relevant legislation.
* Undertake functions required by the CDM (Construction Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
* Adopt a customer focused approach to deliver customer satisfaction.
* Work closely with TLO's in resolving issues raised by tenants during the works to their homes.
* Attend regular team meetings and as necessary deputise for the Project Manager.
You should match the following criteria:
* Relevant Level 4 technical qualification on the Credit and Qualifications Framework.
* Evidence of continuous professional development (CPD).
* Sound knowledge of contract management within the Housing sector or similar environment.
* Knowledge of Health and Safety issues relating to the post and wider team.
* Excellent project management skills.
* Good communication skills.
* Good customer service skills - ensuring customers needs and expectations are met.
* Negotiation skills to lever a collaborative approach to contract management.
* Strong IT skills including a high level of competence in the use of MS Project or similar.
* Proven experience of contract and project management preferably in the Housing sector.
* Supervisory experience and dealing with staff issues.
* Experience of Construction Design Management (CDM) Regulations.
To apply please forward your CV ASAP
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website