|Job Ref:||204643924||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Somerset||City:||Bridgwater||Address:||Post Code:||TA6||Salary:||£250 - £300/day||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:59|
Abatec are proud to be working with one of the Top 5 main contractors in the UK. We are assisting with the recruitment of a Freelance Site Engineer to work on a multi-million pound marine project associated with Hinkley. This is an opportunity to be part of the biggest Civil Engineering project in Europe.|
As Site Engineer you will:
• Coordinate technical information used to construct the works.
• Issue work permits.
• Highlight technical issues and communicate problems to the design team.
• Coordinate and direct subcontract resources to ensure compliance with the programme.
• Complete QA documentation, including checklists, material approvals and NCRs.
• Assist the survey team to provide adequate and relevant setting out information.
Our client is looking for someone with:
• A HNC or degree level qualification in a Civil Engineering.
• An understanding of engineering principles, ideally gained on projects that have included bored piling and steel structures.
• A good technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practices.
• Computer competency in MS Word, Excel and document control systems.
• A relevant CSCS Card
• Commitment to work a 2 week on 1 week off rotation, as this role will require both onshore and offshore work.
• 6-12 month duration
• £250 - £300 per day
• There will be a salary uplift in place for any offshore work carried out.
• Easy access to M5
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please click APPLY NOW. The reference for this vacancy is 126322.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment business on behalf of a client