|Job Ref:||204644422||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||South West||Address:||Salary:||£300 - £350/day||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:59|
I am currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work on a major rail framework in South West of England. The candidate must have a minimum of 8 years' experience in rail or civils and will be looking after 3 to 4 schemes with a junior surveyor. The candidate will be reporting directly into the Managing Quantity Surveyor. This role will be 12 months' worth of work|
* Proven track record of operating in the Rail sector, undertaking both frameworks and Projects.
* Strong experience with contract NEC 3
* Degree educated.
* Experienced negotiator and skilled Communicator.
The role will include:
* preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client;
* undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
* assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies;
* performing risk, value management and cost control;
* advising on procurement strategy;
* identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
* preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
* allocating work to subcontractors;
* providing advice on contractual claims;
* analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports;
* valuing completed work and arranging payments;
* maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
* understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
If you are interested in this opportunity please email your CV to (url removed) or call (Apply online only).
Alternatively if you know someone who would be suitable for this opportunity then please pass on these details.
Role types; QS, Freelance QS, Quantity Surveyor, Freelance Quantity Surveyor, Quantity Surveyor, Contract Surveyor, Senior Quantity Surveyor, Senior QS, Commercial Manager, Freelance Commercial Manager