|Job Ref:||204644702||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£75000 - £80000/annum Car Allowance + Package||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:00|
An Senior Surveyor position has arisen for this top ten privately owned main contract in London. The Senior Surveyor will report to a Commercial Manager on a 50m New Build office development in Canary Wharf. The successful candidate will have experience running their own new builds or refurbishment project, and different contracts forms which need to include one of the management forms, 2 stage, single stage and Design & Build. This person is also likely to be either MCIOB or RICS, with experience ideally covering fitting out and new build.|
The candidate's background should include all or most of the following experience:
* £1m to £20m project experience as lead Surveyor.
* Experience in establishing, managing and leading a large project team and/or multiple smaller project teams.
* Experience of most forms of contract.
* Relationships with clients/consultants and suppliers which will raise profile of the division and lead to new opportunities.
* Experience in claims resolution both with the Employer and Trade Contractor.
* Take lead financial role on key projects
* To take responsibility for the regular review of financial performance of projects within the division in order to improve financial certainty and maximise commercial success of projects.
* To ensure best practice and continuous improvement in divisional financial processes on site.
* To provide high quality management information to divisional financial director, and support, monitoring and advice to financial staff throughout the division.
Accurate and timely project financial management:
* Conduct start-up meetings with the financial team within first week of contract award for allocated projects
* Ensure project team approach is clearly aligned with Interior's expectations for the specific project
* Monitor financial resources on allocated projects to Managing Surveyor/Commercial Director, ensuring key risks are clearly identified and brought to the attention of the Managing Surveyor/Commercial Director, promptly
* Completion of all identified actions to deadlines
Proactive project and technical support:
* Hold regular financial review for allocated projects, held on project site, with project financial team to address financial performance, identify potential issues or problems and collaborate to deliver solutions
* Provide accurate and timely feedback and guidance to the project financial teams on allocated projects
* Ownership for implementing solutions and closing issues where appropriate in support of the project financial team
* Timely transfer of skills and experience to the project financial teams on allocated projects
* Attend monthly financial meetings and contribute as required by the Managing Surveyor/Commercial Director
Effective people management:
* Manage project financial teams in line with the values, psychological contract and culture of my client
* Provide clear, appropriate and timely feedback on performance, attitude and behaviour to project financial individual team members on allocated projects
* Develop and implement a mechanism for allocated project financials to share, with project construction teams continuity of approach and lessons learnt.
* Ensure that the outcomes of sharing approach and lessons learnt are shared with relevant colleagues, when appropriate
* Act promptly and positively to address performance or behaviour issues when they arise, utilizing the support of HR
* Provide support to Managing Surveyor/Commercial Director during recruitment and selection of project financial staff
* Advise Managing Surveyor/Commercial Director on specific training needs for Surveyors
Productive trade contractor relationships:
* Develop and maintain positive relationships with directors of trade contractor organisations and other suppliers for allocated projects
* Ensure Bid Lists are prepared with proper commercial consideration and integrity and that all Bid Lists are approved by the Managing Surveyor/Commercial Director.
* Seek out, follow up and develop sales opportunities (in conjunction with sales and marketing teams)
* Proactively develop, with colleagues, development of PQS KRM initiative
Positive contribution to winning work:
* Provide financial input to proposals
* Contribute to client presentations
Essential skills and qualifications
* Evidence of strong interpersonal and people management skills are essential
* Demonstrably commercially focused with a proven track record of delivering high quality results whilst maintaining positive relationships
* Ability to multi task
* Ability to understand the wider picture whilst devoting attention to detail
* Attitude: characterised by enthusiasm, commitment to personal and divisional success
* Proactive, diligent, able and willing to think ahead
* Values: the person must understand the values of Interior and respond positively
* Ability to communicate positively and effectively
* Structured approach: focused, thorough, high level of attention to detail
* Commercial awareness; understanding and ability to make profit whilst retaining relationships and company values