|Job Ref:||204642089||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£75 - £85/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:59|
PROJECT MANAGER - Concrete Frame & Groundwork Packages - East London & West London|
Project Managers are required to lead an entire site team responsible for health and safety, resources allocation, team management, planning and monitoring progress of projects, budget management, procurement of materials and technical queries.
Main duties include accountability for the following:
• Project Delivery.
• Manage the day-to-day working, from ensuring the correct material turns up before a job, to explaining the work ethics and activities to colleagues.
• Managing the site Engineer, Foremen, labour and plant.
• Communication and information flow with the Contracts manager and the client.
• Implementing the Company Health & Safety Management Systems and Procedures and Quality Assurance Procedures including making safety inspections of the site when work is underway and ensuring regulations relating to health, safety and the environment (HSE) are adhered to.
• Report progress on projects, maintain and update project reporting, checkpoints and financial reporting to a high standard.
• Co-ordinate required support levels and training.
• Preparing the site and liaising with other construction professionals such as architects, engineers, buyers, estimators and surveyors before construction work starts.
• Developing the programme of work and strategy for the project, planning ahead to prevent problems on site before they occur, for example, planning the delivery and storage of equipment and materials.
• Have the ability to oversee the running of several projects.
• Using construction management software packages to plan smooth work flows.
• Communicating with a range of people including the client, subcontractors, suppliers, the public and the workforce.
• An industry applicable qualification.
• Knowledge in groundworks and RC frame building practices, methods and techniques.
• Proven track record from similar sector specific organisations.
• An excellent communicator.
• Able to work as part of a team yet willing to work independently.
• Have very good commercial awareness.
• Would-be Project Managers need to be forward planners, with exceptional people skills and the ability to present ideas and negotiate.
• Good problem solving skills are essential.
• IT is increasingly important for managers working on site and in the office, so building up skills in this area is vital.
About the Company:
They operate UK Wide and have become well known as being one of the most professional and technically strong sub-contractors in the UK, with good safety regulations in place, their own plant, and a strong senior management team that have all been there for over 10yrs now.
As a complete business they have the ability to take on everything from groundwork / foundations packages, substructure RC works or superstructure multi-storey concrete frames. Most of their clients are top residential contractors and developers but they do also carry out works on commercial and educational schemes too.
Current turnover is around £90 million per annum and this business has been trading for over 30 years.
We are looking for Project Managers with experience in Groundwork's and RC Frames to work for a contractor that have projects starting in East & West London