|Job Ref:||204641789||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Peterborough||Address:||Post Code:||PE1||Salary:||£35000/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:58|
Global company with close to 50 depots in the UK alone are looking to add to their team.|
The successful candidate will assume role as lead designer working as part of a team to provide full design package for a wide variety of rental and sale modular projects using standard components from the range of company products.
- Production of detailed design drawings and information using AutoCad and Revit
- Creation of Bills of Material using standard building blocks within Elliott's MRP system
- Manage communication with Local Authority and Approved Inspectors and provide information as required to successfully achieve compliance with Building Regulations (and Building Warrant in Scotland).
- Provide technical expertise in client and design team meetings
- Ensure best value in design to meet and increase the profitability of the project
- Manage design risk and monitor its mitigation through design Risk Assessments
- Ensure that Group Standards and Quality standards are complied with.
- Develop innovative and cost effective designs to meet the project objectives
- Ensure design is compliant with legislation and employers requirements
- Coordinating design information between supply chain
- Liaising with supply chain, customers and consultants
Job experience & skills requirements
- Proven track record in technical design and detailing of modular projects
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Revit an advantage
- Good numeracy and computer skills
- Knowledge of materials/construction methods
- Knowledge of Building Regulations & British Standards and how to apply them.
- Knowledge of Education and Health related Regulations / Codes of Practice.
- Good communication/presentation skills
- Working well as a team and on own initiative when necessary
- Capable of meeting deadlines
- High level of drive, energy and initiative, entrepreneurial, resilient, proactive, focused, tenacious and committed, with high standards and achievement orientation
- Good team player
- Good attention to detail
- Able to think fast on your feet.
Relevant Construction based HNC/Degree an advantage